On GH bbags: the padded zipper pull question

caren

O.G.
Oct 22, 2007
Hi everyone! I just got an EB flat clutch from Bal LA, and the zipper pull on the padding on the front pocket's zipper pull is uneven. You know how it's an oval shaped zipper pull? And the front side of it is padded? (Backside is flat)
Well, the front side of mine is unevenly padded, it looks like the oval shaped padding inside is 3 sizes too small, so the front part of the zipper pull is partially flat.

Does this make sense?? :confused1:I hope it does!

Anyhow, I do have other GH bags but haven't seen this problem on them. Is this problem common? Is it "normal"? Have you seen this on your GH bags? Any opinions would help! TIA!

I really love the bag, and it is the last in the US stores.

Last edited:
in the first picture, you can tell that part of the zipper is 'deflated'.

help! thanks!!

have you seen this before??

Attachments

• zipper1.JPG
    zipper1.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 129
  • zipper2.JPG
    zipper2.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 87
  • zipper3.JPG
    zipper3.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 85
Yes - I can see that they have put the pad in off centre.

I have often found Bal quality control to be dodgy - mismatched leather, uneven stitching etc.

I don't find your zipper pull that irritating. I would tolerate it if it were mine.

I could definitely live with that! The attachment to the zipper pull on my new Anthra Twiggy came off in my hand and I have to cover it with a Mulberry charm till I can get somebody reliable to fix it. Right now I'm not especially bothered as I got a great deal on the bag at the store, because it was slightly damaged.

I just looked at the bag I'm carrying today (GSH violet day) and my pull also has the stuffing slightly off. I never noticed before and have been carrying this bag heavily since September...I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Your EB clutch is lovely, btw.

Thank you guys! I know I think it's so silly sometimes that I look at every detail and nit pick. :P I only thought about returning it for 5 minutes but I've always loved this color and needed a clutch!

Thank you for your opinions everyone!!!

Thank you guys! I know I think it's so silly sometimes that I look at every detail and nit pick. :P I only thought about returning it for 5 minutes but I've always loved this color and needed a clutch!

Thank you for your opinions everyone!!!

I'm glad you decided to keep it because it's gorgeous, especially with the GSH! At first, before i saw your photos, I imagined the padding was somehow bunched up inside the pull, but it just looks like the piece of padding was too small. It wouldn't bother me, especially if there aren't any others left!

The tab pull on my flat clutch is off centre too. It'll be great if it's exactly in the middle but there's nothing I can do and I still love it! :heart:

Your EB clutch with SGH is GORGEOUS!! Love it!!