On Dreaming of Winning a Mega-Lottery

don't interest me, if i have the money i want to be where people are...stores, hospitals and so on....private islands seem so boring and actually dangerous...what to do if you get severely hurt? nah...give me Hawaii, or Florida, where i can go shop and get the things i want and need. Mostly Hawaii...with a house where all the walls slide back and a pool that creates a little river though the house, with some palm trees and hibiscus in the front yard, and the ocean as my backyard.

My grandfather was thinking of buying one, until he realized that all of us young'uns hate the water, sea, and swimming.

yeah, Give me the entire state of Hawaii, not a deserted island!

Historically, lottery winners are cursed.

Most of them say they were better off before they won and 30% of them end up blowing all the money in just a few years. That's after quitting their jobs

But it's a problem I'd like to have anyways, so what!

don't interest me, if i have the money i want to be where people are...stores,

.what to do if you get severely hurt? nah...give me Hawaii, or Florida, where i can go shop and get the things i want and need.

See, that's the whole point --- to be AWAY from people and the hustle and bustle of civilization. I hate crowds; can't stand them.

You learn to be self-sufficient. Most of these places are very well equipped, some even have airstrips or places for seaplanes to land. Most have communications and are within an hour or two of land by helicopter in emergencies. You have supplies shipped in once a month or so and you don't really need to shop. You'd be in a beach paradise -- who needs fancy clothes?

Most of them say they were better off before they won and 30% of them end up blowing all the money in just a few years. That's after quitting their jobs

That's due to bad management of people that aren't used to having money. They can't fathom the concept that even $100 Million runs out eventually if you blow it irresponsibly.

But it's a problem I'd like to have anyways, so what!

Yeah, these are people who really lack management skills and/or concept of money who then just happen to win the lottery. It's a shame.

As for the private island, I appreciate and love the reasons as to why someone would get one, but I have no interest in owning one myself at whatever financial status apart from making money off people who wish to go vacation there or something.