On a purse ban & in debt to Bank of DH

ouija, looks as if you had a great trip and an even more beautiful souvenir that followed you home!

Plus, your DH sounds as if he`s definitely a keeper!

Cograts!

Sorry it's taking me so long to reply to all your lovely comments; everytime I try to post the server goes down! I really enjoy sharing my bags with you all; you are all enablers in my shopping career!

Blugenie, I have you to thank for pointing me to Mario's; I worked with Aimee and can't say enough good things about her! I tried on the pergamena roma but mentioned that I was really looking for the ferro roma. She found the bag tucked away in the back after I left, and even though it was reserved for a very good client, she still called me and really worked hard to make it available for me.

You all are right, my DH is awesome! Of course he will still remind me that I owe him for a purse I really don't need but reallly really want, and yes, he has already brought up the issue of interest! He will never understand my purse obsession, but he goes along with it and sometimes is an enabler too!

CONGRATULATIONS!

ouija board what a lovely Roma… and yes, I do think the Ferro is absolutely gorgeous ….. I have the Roma too, in OP, and frankly, I did initially regretted buying the Roma, I thought it was a little too bulky and there were some (many, actually) who said it’s stodgy! However, favourable reviews here overshadowed the negatives. The more I use the Roma, the softer it is (it was already so soft when new!). It is now my no.1 favourite and to have thought that I was considering selling it at a loss! My love affair with my Roma just gets stronger. I love how I can use it casually as well as smartly for work. Aso, just like to know, do you prefer to handcarry it or over your shoulder?

Can’t wait for action pics ouija board, and not to forget, your hubby is such a darling…. Thanks for sharing.

mlbags, thank you! I looked long and hard at your action pics and everything you and other tPFers posted about the roma. I'm so happy to hear it is your favorite! Yes, I had heard it looked a bit stodgy, but I was looking for a less slouchy bag but still with the woven leather, and this fit the bill. And after all, it is still a tote shape, and what else is the Hermes birkin but a tote! I have yet to wear it out of the house (carrying it around the house in my PJs does not count!), but I know for now I will be hand carrying it. I didn't like the look of the straps when lengthened to the last hole, and so far it is a bit bulky under the arm. Maybe when it softens it will fit better under the arm.

Oh so glad you worked with Aimee! She sold me my Sloane. She, Mai and the other gals are always so gracious and such great enablers (like your DH) -they enjoy shopping along with you. You'll have to share your other goodies too... hehehe.... I look forward to action pics!

Blugenie, I posted pics of my other goodies in the "latest purchase" thread--carmino card case (Christmas gift for family), gold drops for my hoop earrings; yeah, I'll be in debt for a little while, but it was so much fun!

ouija, I didn't realize the ferro had a sparkle to it--I haven't seen it IRL; seems to be sold out everywhere! I really like the Roma. In fact, I'm kicking myself for not getting one in Old Petra when it was available. I let a little thing like lack of funds stop me!:crybaby: I think you were smart to get this, and especially since you paid no sales tax! Ferro is one of the hottest colors BV has had in awhile and it will be gone very soon.

Congrats!

p.s. thinking of sales tax, my home area of Chicago, Cook county had a proposal for a sales tax hike to 11%:wtf:, but there's been so much outrage, it may be dropped.