On a plane with lv bags

minababe

♥
O.G.
Jan 6, 2007
Next month I will to another country. My last flight is a few years ago, I hadn't a lv bag.
So now I want to travel with my speedy and neverfull gm. But not in the luggage, I would be afraid of how they treat my luggage and maybe lost it. I think the best way is carry-on.

But the problem is every person may take only one bag in the plane. So I thought I take the gm neverfull and put the speedy 30 in it. In the speedy I can put all my stuff and close the zipper. After that I can cinched the sides together and put it to my feets.
is that allowed?? I don't want to leave it above my head in the boxes.
do you think someone will say something to me because I put a bag in the other bag ?^^ don't they bother about it?
I'm a bit afraid of it because the safety arrangements seems to be very strict.

what do you think? any experiences?

the next problem I have is that I will buy a damier 35 in my holidys probably. So I have 3 bags on the flight back home. Do you think both speedys would fit in the gm??:P

I'm sorry about that but I have to plan it and I think you all are the best experts for that;)

I wouldn't worry...I travel with many bags...
I'm not sure about travel in Europe but usually I travel with bag + a small carry on suitcase and that's allowed. The airlines I go on- what they mean by one bag is: 1x handbag + 1pc of small luggage

Best to check with your airline though...

That will work perfect! Speedy's come folded up from the store anyway and regain shape quick, so it won't be a problem, just shove it in the GM!

I always take 2 or more bags on my trips. I just flew back from Japan with my Mancrazy and my Mon-monogram Speedy purses actually IN my LV carryon suitcase and my Damier Neverfull MM on my shoulder. Once on the plane the suitcase went in the bin above me and my neverfull under the seat at my feet.

On your way home put one bag in the bin above then one inside the pther under the seat in front of you.

Good luck and safe travels!

I've checked the site of my airline. there stands one bag for one person. not allowed more than 5 kg for the carry on. not bigger than : L45cm x B35cm x H20cm.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be a problem to put the little Speedy inside the NF gm. I have travelled with a bag and a large paperbag in my other hand, when there were one bag per person limit, and just the other summer I had two handluggages with me, my computer bag and my regular handbag, and nobody said nothing. I think it's even more okay on the way home. If you have your NF on your shoulder and a LV bag (with the new Speedy in it) in the other hand. They must understand that people will shop when they go abroad. I've done it many many times, and my mum always travell with one handbag and then a paperbag if she needs to, and I have never gotten in some kind of problem doing it..

You can take multiple bags onboard but when asked you have to be able to stuff all of them in one piece of hand luggage for example stuffing your speedy in the Neverfull. But that completly depends on which airline you're using.

I wouldn't chance putting it in your checked luggage at all. It seems to me that anyone I know who has accidentally left something of value in their checked luggage has had it stolen. I don't think it's a matter of *if* it will be stolen from your checked bag. It most likely *will* be.

both bags will def. fit in the damier 35 on the way back if not in the galliera. just make sure to pack your empty box and dustbag in the suitcase. enjoy

i dont think they'd care. i put my bags in each other all the time. once you pass security it should be fine. lots of times they dont even check to see if you've got 2 or 3 bags. just depends on the airline and airport. only problem i foresee is if your LV's are all new looking, they might assume that you bought them all on your trip and look for it on your customs form. if that's the case, you might wanna bring your receipt or proof of purchase so they don't mistakenly charge you a fee.

I wouldn't worry...I travel with many bags...
I'm not sure about travel in Europe but usually I travel with bag + a small carry on suitcase and that's allowed. The airlines I go on- what they mean by one bag is: 1x handbag + 1pc of small luggage

Best to check with your airline though...

Same here. I travel with either Reporter PM and Keepall 60 or Reporter PM and Keepall 50 depending on the length of my trip.

Yes I always take LV on holiday with me. Though I'm surprised you can only take one item as my understanding was one handbag and one duffel bag although I suppose this is different per airline. But yes, I've always put it infront of me and I've also placed it into overhead cabins and there have been no problems.