On a Buying Spree with MJ

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I have been going back and forth on mix quilted totes. Which one would suit my needs better...then I go to Nordies and find a silvana black quilted which is TDF! I bought it last night along with ZC in black. This bag is amazing! I ended up buying the wallet because they are matching the $400 gift card that saks in doing! So what to buy next with giftcard....maybe will wait until fall items arrive (yah, right, will be burning a BIG hole in my new wallet)!! Anyway, I would love to chat with other TPF's who have this bag. Don't you love it? Hope to chat soon....:jammin:

2. you found a Black Silvana? Was it on sale? I used to have a Teal one but decided to return it when I got the Green Mina. It's a GREAT bag!!! Congrats!

That's fantastic that they're matching the $400 GC Saks is giving away!!! I wish the special lasted a little longer -- I'll be at Nordies Tue to buy a bag :sad:

3. Thanks for your comments. I unfortunately paid full price but I felt okay because of the gift card. Too bad you have to wait until Tues...good luck with your shopping!:tup:

4. I notice you are in Chicago -- which Nordie's did you go to? I ask only because I haven't seen the Silvana anywhere for quite some time -- I know it was a F/W 2007 bag and I thought they got marked down (maybe black and ivory were carried over into spring & stayed full price??) --

You should go to the MbyMJ store up on Damen and buy yourself a couple of those small leather pouches to use inside the Silvana. I remember when I had that bag, I really loved it, except it only has one small inside pocket (which is where I put my cell phone) -- I was going to buy some of those quilted pouches to use inside, but ended up returning the Silvana before the MJ store opened. I still bought them, however, and use them in my other bags -- they come in a wide range of colors & sizes and you can get quilted or soft leather. They're not too bad price-wise either -- anywhere from $10-45, depending on the size and whether its quilted or not. You could get yourself a nice black one and maybe even a pretty grey!

Yes - I have to wait until Tue to go shopping (payday!!), so I'll miss out on the GC deal. Too bad it doesn't last longer - that would be such a GREAT deal!!

5. Those are awesome purchases! That's so great that Nordies did the gift-card/price matching too. Congrats!!!

6. I bought my silvana at Nordies in Oak Brook. They always seem to have a great selection of bags/wallets. I also found out that the Woodfield Nordies is going to start carrying MJ, Chloe, Gucci, etc. starting in the fall. I have gotten to know a few of the s/a and hope that they will call me if any MJ is marked down. I think that the black and ivory were carried over to spring because they are not marked down. I did not know of the store on Damen. The next time that I am in the city, I will make the trip to the MJ store. (The burb's can be soooo boring) I used to live and work in the city....Hope to chat again soon, us Chicago gals sure love MJ!:jammin:

7. I love Nordstrom! Great job on getting the price-match. The silvana sounds beautiful. Post pictures??

PS: Love, love, love Chicago. It's my home and I miss it :crybaby:

8. I too lived in Chicago for a spell. I will still call the Oak Brook Nordstroms if I can't get the answer I want from the Nordies here! :lol: Was there Oct 07 w/ my mom & sister on a shopping trip, must go back......

Great score on the Silvana, would love to see pics! Congrats!

9. FYI -- here's the info on the MbyMJ store in Chicago (which just opened in January):

MARC by Marc Jacobs
    1714 North Damen Avenue
    Chicago, IL 60647
    ph: (773) 276-2998
    fax: (773) 276-2984

It's in Bucktown, up by Milwaukee Avenue. There are lots of great shops in the area (altho I've yet to have a chance to shop the area yet!). There's also a Scoop NYC just around the corner.

It's a GREAT store, HUGE! They have lots of bags, clothing, jewelry, sunglasses, shoes - not to mention a LARGE selection of "special items" priced anywhere from $1-99!! My first trip there, I spent $200 and came home with 3 bags full of stuff!!! You should definitely check it out. I need to get back there myself - those small pouches & clutches are great for keeping your bags organized and I need a few more!!