On a ban from buying bags!

michi_chi

O.G.
Feb 2, 2008
Since I recently (just on Christmas Eve really) bought myself a small Panarea and a Lady Dior patent leather wallet through mail order with the New Bond Street boutique in London, and a pair of Volute 2 sunglasses from eBay, OH has said that I need to pay off those items and save up money before I can even think about buying a new bag.

Anybody else on the waiting to save up enough money for that next special bag? Hope somebody else can commiserate with me, I'm actually feeling quite desperate, seeing all these lovelies on the Dior website and not allowed to buy one anytime soon, nor are there any stores that sell their bags or boutiques where I can go in to browse for my next 'It' Dior bag. Anybody have any idea of prices for the small and medium Lady Diors in the UK?

My ultimate goal, I think, would be to save up enough money and to stroll into a boutique in London to buy a Lady Dior, but I'm also quite taken with the small Mulberry Bayswater in fuschia (I love pink, fuschia's a bit too bright, but OH didn't like the plaster pink colour, or the shape of the mini Alexa) or if possible a Balenciaga Giant Brogues City in Anthracite. Any suggestions on which I should save up for? It's a long way away, but I'd appreciate suggestions and thoughts on the Mulberry and Balenciaga.

LD with no doubt!:cool:

I'm not quite on a ban, though I still bought some chanel custom jewels during the holiday season. My problem is not about the price at this point but availability of goods:sad: Especially I recently found out there's no more dior in my city....In any case, I'm with you Michi!!!! Looking at all those gorgeous bag reveals make it worse!!!:noggin:

The medium Lady Dior in patent was around 2300 pounds when I bought it as a gift last December :flowers:

I think the prices will be increasing soon...

I'd suggest you shop at the Sloane Street store instead because the SAs at the New Bond Street store are horrible...I mean, I spend close to 5k pounds and I didn't even get decent service :nono:

I agree that you should pay off those items first so that you won't feel 'guilty' when you get your bag. Saving is hard, but it pays off in the end :biggrin:

If I had to choose between Mulberry, Dior and Balenciaga, I would choose either Balenciaga or Dior. TBH I do not like Mulberry at all.

But it also depends on what kind of bag you want; be it daily or for special occasions.

If you're looking for a daily bag, Balenciagas are great!

If I'm not mistaken the anthracite color will be discontinued as of S/S 2012, and so will the Giant Hardware. The Giant brogues city is the new sized hardware that is-between a Regular Hardware and a Giant Hardware (just incase you like the original Giant Hardware).

Personally I love the look of the brogues' hardware, but you should also know that with time, the leather studs might get scuffed and the hardware will show (if you're not careful with your bags). Despite it's 'delicate' nature, it's still my fav. look for the hardwares.

But if you're looking for a bag to use not on a daily basis, then the LD would be perfect.

Save up for the Lady Dior. That's what I'm doing now. Haha.

I've actually considered the mulberry bayswater too. Really liked the design, but because there's lots of counterfeits or rather similar designs in my area, I decided to put it on hold first.

Personally not a fan of balenciaga as I didn't like the 'seasoned leather' look.

LD with no doubt!:cool:

I'm not quite on a ban, though I still bought some chanel custom jewels during the holiday season. My problem is not about the price at this point but availability of goods:sad: Especially I recently found out there's no more dior in my city....In any case, I'm with you Michi!!!! Looking at all those gorgeous bag reveals make it worse!!!:noggin:

thanks for sharing miki66! I do love the classic elegance of the Lady Dior and I feel that's the final goal I need to reach to feel like I've reached Dior heaven :biggrin: I know how you feel, the closest place to buy Dior is Manchester and even then it's more than 6 hrs by train with at least 2 transfers or to go to London by plane for an hr and a half, there are no boutiques or shops that sell Dior at all in Scotland and yet they have a huge LV store! :pout:I've sort of got my eye on a Girly bag on ebay that I quite like, but I'm wondering if it'll just mean I'll keep looking out for good bags to keep me satiated while I slowly save up for The Dior One. I'd quite like the pink bag, but I'm just not sure of my motives, if I really like the bag (I have a small boston Dior Girly bag back at my parents' house, I'll have to collect it the next time I go back for a holiday) and the auction is ending in 5 days....

The medium Lady Dior in patent was around 2300 pounds when I bought it as a gift last December :flowers:

I think the prices will be increasing soon...

I'd suggest you shop at the Sloane Street store instead because the SAs at the New Bond Street store are horrible...I mean, I spend close to 5k pounds and I didn't even get decent service :nono:

I agree that you should pay off those items first so that you won't feel 'guilty' when you get your bag. Saving is hard, but it pays off in the end :biggrin:

If I had to choose between Mulberry, Dior and Balenciaga, I would choose either Balenciaga or Dior. TBH I do not like Mulberry at all.

But it also depends on what kind of bag you want; be it daily or for special occasions.

If you're looking for a daily bag, Balenciagas are great!

If I'm not mistaken the anthracite color will be discontinued as of S/S 2012, and so will the Giant Hardware. The Giant brogues city is the new sized hardware that is-between a Regular Hardware and a Giant Hardware (just incase you like the original Giant Hardware).

Personally I love the look of the brogues' hardware, but you should also know that with time, the leather studs might get scuffed and the hardware will show (if you're not careful with your bags). Despite it's 'delicate' nature, it's still my fav. look for the hardwares.

But if you're looking for a bag to use not on a daily basis, then the LD would be perfect.

wow, the person you bought the Lady Dior for must be one lucky lady indeed! :biggrin: thanks for the breakdown, balenciaga-boy! I'm not really sure what I'm looking for at the moment, I've always liked the LD but I've had my eye on a Balenciaga for ages! I do like the giant hardware, although I've never been able to see the Brogues in person, I can't really say whether or not I like the size, but I think I'd prefer it to the current giant hardware! I just thought about the brogues city because I like the brogues style (not the flat shoes that seem so 'in style' at the moment though! I'm more of the victorian brogue boots girl!) and the size of the city, and compared to the LD, it'd probably take less time to save up for the City. I think eventually, I'd like to own a Balenciaga City (I've already got a pre-owned First in a tan colour) and a Lady Dior :graucho:

Save up for the Lady Dior. That's what I'm doing now. Haha.

I've actually considered the mulberry bayswater too. Really liked the design, but because there's lots of counterfeits or rather similar designs in my area, I decided to put it on hold first.

Personally not a fan of balenciaga as I didn't like the 'seasoned leather' look.

thanks for your comments, gohfelicia! I think based on the comments I've got so far, I will save up for a Lady Dior, probably a small one, they're so cute! but a medium would probably be more practical since I have the medium sized long Lady Dior wallet, I'm not sure if it would fit in the small size?

I think you're right about the Mulberry though, not that I've been able to tell whether or not people here have been carrying around replica Mulberrys, but there are just so many people carrying them, it has put me off it now. I was sort of thinking about it because I liked the Alexa, but it doesn't appeal to me as much, and the price for a bag was quite appealing compared to saving up for a Balenciaga or a Lady Dior. In the end, I think I'd like to get a Balenciaga with giant hardware for every day use and maybe a small or medium Lady Dior for special occasions.

Anyone have suggestions on whether to get a small or a medium?

I think that saving for something that you love will just make whatever you end up getting THAT much more special. Yes, you may see a lot of other bags that you want in the meantime, but they won't be as special as the one that you are saving for.

Right now, I want to start saving for an Hermes Birkin or HAC, but that will take years, and a lot of restraint from buying other bags so that I can eventually reach my goal, but I know that it will be worth the wait.

In terms of a suggestion on what to buy, I suggest the medium Lady Dior. It's a must-have for any Dior woman :biggrin:

Medium LD is more practical as you said.
I've seen people carrying LD with long straps on the street and they look fabulous!
Small LD is cute but I think the use is quite limited.
And for Bal bag, since you've had a first bag, why not go with granville?:P More stylish as compared to Bal...just in my opinion.:smile:

Defo save for the medium LD. I have seen people wearing the LD with the strap in large and still looked nice. I think the medium will be very versitle.

I am waiting to see what colours we have for this summer season before making my purchase but still loving the petrol blue.

By the way does anyone know if a long wallet will fit into a medium LD?

choose what you really want,really like and get the one which you think that it suits your style :smile:

my ultimate dior would be the grey alligator samourai...actually i have the $ to buy now.but all those school assignments drive me crazy and i don't even have time to go to boutique. anyway spring holiday begins in Feb,another few weeks to wait....

eminere™;20785861 said:
Agreed... You can barely squeeze a mid-size wallet in it... I think it's ideal really for evening or a soiree/function where you don't need to carry too many things.

Defo save for the medium LD. I have seen people wearing the LD with the strap in large and still looked nice. I think the medium will be very versitle.

I am waiting to see what colours we have for this summer season before making my purchase but still loving the petrol blue.

By the way does anyone know if a long wallet will fit into a medium LD?

Going by what eminere said, it would be quite difficult to fit it into a small LD, but the medium is quite a good size. I was given a fake one as a gift but my long wallet fit in it fine, so I think there'll be no problems there ;)

choose what you really want,really like and get the one which you think that it suits your style :smile:

my ultimate dior would be the grey alligator samourai...actually i have the $ to buy now.but all those school assignments drive me crazy and i don't even have time to go to boutique. anyway spring holiday begins in Feb,another few weeks to wait....

thanks, kellyng! I still have to phone the UK Customer Service to chase up photos of the Samourai for you. Maybe they're finding it a bit difficult to get all those photos, but I'll try phoning in a minute to at least get the grey alligator photo from Italy for you ;)

I think that saving for something that you love will just make whatever you end up getting THAT much more special. Yes, you may see a lot of other bags that you want in the meantime, but they won't be as special as the one that you are saving for.

Right now, I want to start saving for an Hermes Birkin or HAC, but that will take years, and a lot of restraint from buying other bags so that I can eventually reach my goal, but I know that it will be worth the wait.

In terms of a suggestion on what to buy, I suggest the medium Lady Dior. It's a must-have for any Dior woman :biggrin:

thanks very much, averagejoe! your message really got to my head and now I'm trying to struggle with my impulsive side from buying that Girly bag that I see on ebay! I know, logically, it's better to pay off my Panarea instead of using that money to buy the Girly, and it will mean that much quicker saving up for the Lady Dior. I think everyone's right in going for the medium Lady Dior! I was actually given one in silver, but when I opened the parcel, I realised it was a fake and at first I didn't complain because it was a gift, but then the colour started coming off the 'leather' :cry: so now I'm really keen to own an authentic one, even if it means saving up to buy a pre-owned one in excellent condition, I'd really like to buy one from the boutique, but I think I'd have reservations about taking out such an expensive bag and the amount of time to spend saving up for it....