Omg

Omg, that must be scary. you did well in locking ur door. please be careful and do not walk alone to ur call. u should set up a buddy system were you walk with a coworker to their car and they drive u to yours.

Sanguar said:
^^ That's not very nice. Allison was genuinely freaked out by this.

yes, i understand, but that's the problem. would she have been so freaked out if it was the exact same situation, some random dude yelling, and he was well dressed? you're from new york, i've spent the majority of my life in new york, it's not like we don't see this allt he time. do you freak out if you see someone who just so happens to not have a place to live? i don't. not even when they're screaming. people get angry. the reaction is messed up.

If someone tried to yell at me and walk through my door, even if he's wearing Armani I would freak out. I work part-time at Starbucks and we get some crazies in there. I wouldn't want to be cornered with any of them.

I grew up in Kentucky, where Allison lives. This kind of thing doesn't happen often there. There are very few homeless people, so when an angry one is encountered, I would say this reaction is justified.

I don't think this is a right or wrong situation. Anyone acting out makes me uncomfortable. It can be difficult to know how to deal with folks in this scenario. Some are good at it, I am not, and therefore leave it to others. I have seen enough well-dressed homeowners act like complete *******s to know it's the behavior I stay away from.

I work at Mercedes so a man in a suit pissed off wouldn't be anything unusual. I see that every day. A homeless man is unusual especially in the part of town I work in. I did walk out with another co-worker of mine. She was scared to walk out by herself, too.