OMG Yesterday I nearly fainted :greengrin:

The strap is normal, thats just the beginning and ending of the piece of leather that's woven in between the hardware. As for the inner flap, I remember thinking the same thing about my first flap, like in order to close it I would have to apply a lot of pressure for it to catch. And I hated doing that to my baby, so I normally just close the outer flap. I haven't really given it much thought since. As for everything that is on the receipt/tag, thats Chanels coding for color, material and hardware color. If you want to check the year it was produced check the authenticity card, I believe it should begin with 22******? Based on your pic and how the chain looks, I think its a medium. The chain is shorter on medium, if you wear it single strap it should hit around hip. The jumbo has a longer strap and is much bigger.

All that aside, congrats on your new gifts! Your husband sounds amazing! Happy belated bday =)

thanks a lot for this info, Missheo. :biggrin: My code begins with 23 ***** do u know what that means?

The strap is totally normal, it's where the 2 pieces meet. As for the button they can be a pain, which is why most people never close them. If it's just a bit fussy to do it, that is totally normal. If you can't do it at all as in it might be misaligned or something then maybe I would check out another.

yes miss lallybelle. It `s only with force possible to close. the inner flap has to be pushed very tight vertical, so that it is aligned to the snap button and then press very hard....otherwise it`s not aligned.

That means i'm behind on their serial number and didn't realize it was at 23****** now lol The serial numbers help date and authenticate the bag. The higher the number, the newer the bag =) Each Chanel has its own unique serial number with a tag inside the bag somewhere and a matching authenticity card.

Happy Birthday and Congrats on this beautiful classic timeless Chanel...

My advice is to keep all the packaging ( I always do,however have heard some horror stories on people that throw them out)

BOX
BOW
TISSUE
BOOKLET
FLOWER
BAG
RECEIPT
DUST BAG

DONT STORE IT IN THE BOX because it needs to breath and don't over stuff it when using it.

That means i'm behind on their serial number and didn't realize it was at 23****** now lol The serial numbers help date and authenticate the bag. The higher the number, the newer the bag =) Each Chanel has its own unique serial number with a tag inside the bag somewhere and a matching authenticity card.

oh ok , :biggrin: , may i ask , when did you get yours. And i still don`t know what my numbers means :lol:

Happy Birthday and Congrats on this beautiful classic timeless Chanel...

My advice is to keep all the packaging ( I always do,however have heard some horror stories on people that throw them out)

BOX
BOW
TISSUE
BOOKLET
FLOWER
BAG
RECEIPT
DUST BAG

DONT STORE IT IN THE BOX because it needs to breath and don't over stuff it when using it.

thanks dear for your advice. I just took it out of the box and keep it standing in my closet

woahwoww, thank u all, lovely ladies for your fast response, help and congratulations.

i have 1 further question. I just notice on the left side of my bag. There is a loose or a lost stitch, instead of 2 short stitches, there is 1 long stitch/ there is a tiny hole but the stitch doesn`t hold in this hole, instead it´s just skip that hole and makes a long stitch. I hope you know what I mean. Actually it doesn`t bother me because it only can be seen under microscopic inspection, what i have done for hours today :lol: But do u ladies think I should complain about that to prevent further damage ?

before this get lost , any recommendation from u dearest ladies?:P

a stitching defect...for the price of Chanel, i think it's not much to expect better..if the loose stitch breaks or loosens later it will cost you to get Chanel to repair it..maybe worth it check to see if there's another one to exchange? just a thought..

thanks Fab41, I was just torn between go and not going, but now I think I will pay them a visit tomorrow and also have a look at the new collection :P

Reactions: TChip5