OMG WORST experience (LONG!)

For some reason, people act like the internet makes it ok to be rude and downright cruel. If you were on a wedding site, they are among the worst. Look at it this way---it's usually those who feel inadequate that try to put down others. We all type fast and make mistakes here--it's not like we're writing a term paper.

I'm sure it hurt, but she's not worth a moment of thought.

Definately a jealousy issue. Pay attention to the choice of wording. "Covet" implies that she perceives you as wanting something you can't have, although you sound like you are planning for your wedding and you're going to find a way to get want you want for your special day. I'm really sorry that this happened to you, but let it go.

LOL Thanks so much ladies!! I am totally over it now...last night I was just in shock!! :smile:

**Sidenote: I checked that wedding forum again today...she saw my post, edited her bio to the correct spelling, and then posted "Couture Girlie, you are crazy"!!

LMAO!!

HUGs.....it doesn't matter what you call it. I always think back to JUlai Roberts in 'Pretty Women'. As long as you know what quality is and that you deserve to feel like a princess by your wedding'.

I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. That person is just rude and probably doesn't have anything else better to do than picking out little things like that. Honestly, that person is pathetic.

That was really rude of her! On a side note...have fun picking your dress! How exciting, you should be sure to post lots of pics and all...weddings and all the stuff around them are so much fun! Good luck!!

Hey i'm glad you're over it!! it was totally uncalled for and the person was being obnoxious and rude!! you definitely should not take it personally and i'm glad you're ok =)

I think the internet makes ppl feel like they can just lash out at others because they'll never be "found out" etc. it's terrible but unfortunately that's where things are heading =(

I'm glad that everyone on TPF is great and nice though! =)

Hey post pics of your gowns for all of us to see and admire!! we want to see!! =)

Couturegrl:
I agree with how lucky we are to have such a place like tpf. Vlad and megs have done an outstanding job and not just them but all members are amazing examples of politeness and good manners.

Very recently me and my boyfriend had a simmilar experience. My BF races and builds cars for a living and he decided that he was going to develop performance parts for a specific make of vehicle because many people that own this car complain that there aren't enough after market products.

When he started a thread in the forum mentioning his plans, another member left a post saying that he had been planning to create the same product and the idea had been in his head for the last three years. So he announced that he better start working because of the competition he was going to experience. (at this point we're just ignoring this guy)

Last week my boyfriend posted the finished parts and asked people to email him for pricing info. Well shortly after some of the people that enquired started accusing him of jacking up the prices and coming out with something that was just a modification of an already existing part. Words suchs as "this is a bust" and "you call yourself an automotive engineer and dare to run a race team" came up in posts and PM's. He very quickly replied that if you want a good quality piece you will have to spend some money sometimes and maybe these are not for everyone. (Reminded me of people that constantly give tpf members a hard time for buying high end designer bags)

So this has been just infuriating because as much as we would like to tell them where to go, we do have a few people that believe in us, however the attacks have been just nonstop even from moderators. Basically they complain about not having support but when someone does decide to do something about it all they do is complain and attack.

So yeah it sucked and I am glad there are so many nice people here and how everyone respects each other's opinions and always there are words of support and encouragement towards other members.