OMG what happened at Marshalls Swampscott MA today !

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
I was meeting a friend at Panera and I called her on the phone and she said "I am still at MArshalls, just come here first I have to show you something" and I was like ok so I went there and she was like "look at THIS" and had a Goach backpack in her hand with Coach tags, a sensor, care card and dustbag and on the price tag it was $288 dollars so I waited in the returns line and actually asked a few women in line if I could just put something up on the counter and I went up and said " you guys are selling a fake, somebody obviously returned this and scammed you guys, I just want to make sure nobody buys it" and the kid working probably around 20 was like oh yeah this is a fake and the lady next to him about 80 years old said that somebody brought that in and she took it back from what I understood her to say. It wasn't even a Coach knockoff but an "inspired" They need to be more careful, what a scam.

I'm not surprised...just a couple of days ago I posted on the "Fakes" thread pics of the ugliest fake Coach you've ever seen. It was being sold at TJ Maxx and I found it sitting on a rack for the world to see. And the store SAs were walking around not doing a thing about it. Here's the link Too scary that this can happen at legitimate retailers!

The manager at that store is a real a-hole. I was in there about a month ago and bought a new pair of shoes at the olimpia sports accross the way. I wore them in there to shop right after I purchased them. When I went into the bathroom in Marshalls which is always dirty and extra disgusting, I stepped in human poo that was all over the bathroom floor. When I told him about it he put a "closed" sign in front of it, didn't offer an assistance/apologies etc. I asked him for a disinfectant wipe for the bottom of my shoe, as I would be heading to my car and he told me to wait in line at the return desk. When I was standing there for quite some time I then asked him if I should keep waiting in line and he said he would check and he said the best he could do was a windex spray and gave me attitude. The empoyees there are extra miserable and after talking to one of them I guess the mgr there is a real problem.

That is so sad, to think that when you go shopping at these stores you're not trying to inspect the bags for their authenticity, you pretty much just assume they are. Obviously the one you and your friend saw was a goach, but some of the fake ones are getting so good at imitating the real ones that they can certainly fool anyone. I need to be more careful.

wow, i think marshalls needs to watch out im sure coach could sue them for selling fakes. i dont like shopping at marshalls and tjm for that reason theyh are so lax with their returns you dont know what that thing you bought has gone through

That is so scary - I always think of those poor people who think they got a great deal and wear the bag proudly, to only then be mocked by others for wearing a poor fake!