OMG...think I am pregnant, please read!! (it's long, sorry!)

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Ok girls, here's the deal....I am 33 yrs old and I have PCOS, therefore I do not ovulate without help and do not have periods without provera or BCP. I have an 8 yr old daughter that I conceived using a diabetic drug, which treats the source of the PCOS and produces ovulation. Last August, DH and I decided to try for one more but we knew that since it took 18 months to conceive our daughter, and the fact that I am older now...well we knew it might not happen. I have been on the diabetic drug Metformin since last September, and going in for monthly ultrasounds on my ovaries. I have not ovulated once and have had to take provera to induce a period every 60 days. The first day of my last period was May 11th and I decided to take a break from going in for my ovarian ultrasounds and just see what happened. I have not been charting my temps or using an ovulation predictor kit. I figured I'd just clear it all from my mind for a while and if I hadn't had a period by July 11th I'd go see my Dr. So I fully planned to schedule an appt. next week to discuss my options.

Ok, so today is July 3rd and we have plans tomorrow to celebrate the 4th. I planned on drinking, so I decided this afternoon I better take a pregancy test just so that I could drink without any worries whatsoever. Other than feeling a little crampy, I have no symptoms at all. And feeling crampy is normal for me because I have digestive issues.

I bought 20 pregnancy tests from a very reputable website that sells the kind the doctor's offices use...the sticks that you dip into a clean cup. I have taken a test once per week since the first week of June and they've all been clearly negative. Well the test I took this afternoon was clearly POSITIVE!! It came up right away. Now bear in mind, I have drank a lot of water today and urinated many times before I took the test. I was stunned, shocked, and just couldn't believe it. I waited a little while and took another test...same result. I drank a bottle of water, waited an hour and took another test. Positive but the line was a little lighter than before. I didn't drink anymore and waited 2 hours and took another test, positive again and a little darker than the one before.

In all, I have taken 4 tests so far today and they are all positive. It is Friday afternoon, so I can't see a Dr. until Monday. My husband refuses to get the least bit excited about this right now...he pointed out all the bad possibilities...chemical pregnancy, tubal, etc.....I understand what he means. But I cannot help but feel sooooooo excited and happy....and that's where my TPF friends come in....I can't tell ANYONE until I see a Dr. and even then I should probably wait a few weeks to make sure all is well. But I wanted to tell someone...so I am telling you!! Please, please pray for me and the (possible) baby....thank you all so much for listening!

2. Congratulations!!!! At least I hope :smile:

I would completely freak out and go to the drugstore and buy one of every brand of pregnancy test I could find, then take them all LOL

Good luck!

3. Thanks!! If I can wait...I am going to go Sunday and get a different brand and test again. I still have plenty of test strips left but it would be reassuring to see a different brand give me the same results!

4. i pray that you have a h&h 9 months.

positive thoughts....

5. Good luck, praying for you. :smile:

6. All signs point to "pregnant." :smile: Best of luck to you, I hope you have a healthy 9 months! Please keep us posted!

7. praying for you and excited for you too !

8. :biggrin: I love it! It sounds as if you're well and truely pregnant! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy and enjoy every moment, it sounds as if it was meant to be.:tender:

9. Congrats! Sending positive thoughts your way!!

10. Good luck! I have PCOS too and got pregnant last year in June. I will be thinking of you!!

11. Thank you all sooo much!!:ty:

12. Congrats and good luck! I hope all goes well!

13. Sending you serious pregnancy wishes!

14. It looks like all signs point to you being pregnant! good luck when you see the Dr.

15. I hope it works out for you!!!