OMG...They're GONE!!! Ivory & Cassis Almas are off LV.com!!!

babs711

O.G.
Jan 7, 2010
I wrote a letter to customer service this week asking about the inconsistencies I've been told regarding the Ivory Alma and just general product stock on the website. All the Epi Alma colors (other than black) have been shown as "product out of stock online" for around two months or more. When I called about it, I was told it's a part of the permanent line and would be back on and to keep watching it. I've been saving for it. I check every day or every other day b/c I don't want to find out I'm saving for something that's discontinued. I wasn't planning on buying it right now unless it was an emergency and it was going away or something. Back when I got my Pomme Sarah and it was online and listed the same way, they told me the same thing when I called. But when I went to the boutique, I found out it was discontinued and had to have a charge send done. So phone people have been wrong before...

I got this email from LV (regarding my email) yesterday...

"Thank you for visiting www.louisvuitton.com. Louis Vuitton creations are fashion items, and are offered for several seasons, or may be part of our ongoing collections, however any item may be retired at any time as styles change and new creations are launched.

Though an item may be in 'discontinued' status, this means we are no longer creating an item in our workshop, Louis Vuitton stores do continue to sell these items. It may also be the case that there is a temporary shortage of items which are not actually retired from our collections, but may not be available for a while, but will continue to be sold in stores as we receive more quantities of these items.

Items which are currently available for purchase in our stores, but are not available online, will still be displayed in our online catalog so that customers may still view the photos and details of these items.

I apologize for any discrepant information which may have been communicated to you; should you need specific availability information, I would be glad to assist you personally."

I planned to call the person who sent the email directly Monday for clarification. She never states whether it's a shortage or discontinued still.

I checked online today (after also checking and seeing it was still there two days ago)...and Ivory and Cassis have VANISHED...GONE. It says under the photo of Epi Alma that it exists in two colors. :sad:

I guess they are NOT part of the permanent line and I'll now have to do as I did with Pomme Sarah and go all the way to the boutique and make another impulse purchase if they have one in stock (or do another darned charge send??) Why does this keep happening to me? I've been thinking about this bag almost daily for almost four months at least. :sad:

Sorry this was so long.

I'm waiting until I can next get to an LV store in May to buy a Cassis Speedy - perhaps I should mail order it now before I miss out. If Alma in these colours are running out then Speed will be next!

I just saw the website because I was afraid to see that they raise the price of trevi but no raise and also the alma is available in both cassis and ivory ....just try to check again:smile:

Just checked the website, it still exists in four colors, but all of them are out of stock. I am worried about the price increase though.:wondering I am planning to buy the Trevi in a couple of weeks and checked the price - still the same. :shocked: Maybe I should hurry up with my purchase.

Last edited:
Nope - still not there for me either...and black and rubis are also out of stock. I'm heading to my local boutique tomorrow or Monday. I'm nervous! ;P

Olya - the price DEFINITELY increased on this particular product sometime this week. I check this item several times a week because of what the phone rep told me (that it could pop up as in stock any time and to keep checking daily). The price has remained the same. The first time I noticed a difference was today. I know I didn't check the site Thursday because I was gone all day from morning until late at night. I can't recall if I checked yesterday either. I might have. I know I checked Wednesday or Tuesday at least though.

Hmmm, definately bad news. :oh: So, nobody had a clue about the price insrease?? :confused1: I just placed an order for the Trevi PM, definately didn't want to wait till the price goes up. Please, keep us posted, it is really strange and I'll keep checking the website. :confused1:

Something strange is going on. I just figured out that if you go through "Collections" at the top, then hit Womens-handbags-top handles-epi leather-alma, it says 4 colors are available. It lists Black, Rubis, Ivory and Cassis. The Cassis is the only one available to purchase online.

However, if you go through "e-shopping" and go through all the SAME links (b/c you have to), it now says 3 colors are available...all but the Ivory. The Cassis is still the only one available for purchase.

Baffling.

I just got off the phone with a very friendly customer service person who told me that she is NOT showing discontinued status for Ivory Alma. She is showing that there is plenty of stock throughout the US, though not at my local boutique. So if I do want it, I will have to order it. :sad:

well that's good news that they weren't discontinued. maybe they could do a store transfer for you since other LVs have them.

did she confirm the price increase?