Omg Sold A Jc Ramona 7 Months Ago Buyer Is Now Saying Fake????

I'm brand new to this forum but I must say it is a wealth of knowledge and in this case I have a little to depart. I used to sell on ebay (notice "used" to cause who needs the headaches) anyway I had a very similar experience a about a year ago when I was selling. I sold a Gucci canvas shopper that I had personally bought at saks so I knew it was the real deal. I used it a few times then it kinda got forgotten in the closet so I sold it on there for a really modest price (around $400 well under half what I paid) anyway the lady left positive feedback, said it was perfect etc etc. Never heard from her again until August of this year ( I sold the bag right after christmas of 06) she says it is a fake bag, she demands her money back. I responded and said I was sorry but the bag was real and offered to provide her with a copy of my credit card statement. She says no she just wants her money back and she is going to call the police on me! I told her that if she wished to get in touch with my local authorities to please do so and I would provide them all the necessary proof of purchase. I didnt hear from her again until about 2 weeks later I get a package in the mail. It was a fake gucci bag, and I mean FAKE it has plastic trim and the inside lining was white with guccii written in hot pink script. She then emailed and said she had proof she sent me the bag, I just responded and said thanks that I now had proof that she was a scammer. i told her that I had asked the postmaster to open the box since I was not expecting it and that he had and he filed a report about the counterfeit item with proof of the sender (that was a lie on my part) but it worked. I never heard another word from this con artist.

You handled this one very well. See it can happen!

I'm brand new to this forum but I must say it is a wealth of knowledge and in this case I have a little to depart. I used to sell on ebay (notice "used" to cause who needs the headaches) anyway I had a very similar experience a about a year ago when I was selling. I sold a Gucci canvas shopper that I had personally bought at saks so I knew it was the real deal. I used it a few times then it kinda got forgotten in the closet so I sold it on there for a really modest price (around $400 well under half what I paid) anyway the lady left positive feedback, said it was perfect etc etc. Never heard from her again until August of this year ( I sold the bag right after christmas of 06) she says it is a fake bag, she demands her money back. I responded and said I was sorry but the bag was real and offered to provide her with a copy of my credit card statement. She says no she just wants her money back and she is going to call the police on me! I told her that if she wished to get in touch with my local authorities to please do so and I would provide them all the necessary proof of purchase. I didnt hear from her again until about 2 weeks later I get a package in the mail. It was a fake gucci bag, and I mean FAKE it has plastic trim and the inside lining was white with guccii written in hot pink script. She then emailed and said she had proof she sent me the bag, I just responded and said thanks that I now had proof that she was a scammer. i told her that I had asked the postmaster to open the box since I was not expecting it and that he had and he filed a report about the counterfeit item with proof of the sender (that was a lie on my part) but it worked. I never heard another word from this con artist.

WTF is wrong with people??? I would NEVER do this to a seller! Who thinks of this stuff? I guess if they're doing it, it must work at least sometimes.

Even when I have bought items on eBay that weren't quite what I expected (a little different size, not quite as nice, etc), I figure it's my own fault for buying there instead of in a store. On the other hand, when I'm selling, I make sure that my item is exactly or even better than the description I posted. So far, I've been lucky both as a buyer and as a seller.

I guess if there weren't jerks on eBay who try to pass off their fakes as authentic, honest sellers (and buyers!!!) would have less to worry about.

Just ignore her. I's been over 7 months, too late for a claim after she have used the bag all along. Don't waste your time. Also you can check if JC have a record of the transaction and send your buyer the info for her peace of mind.

WOW!!!! Unbelievable!

I agree with above ^^^. She can't do anything because it's too late. She can't even do a charge back! So, I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't understand people these day. Why they like to take advantage from others. I think this buyer is a con artist. Used the bag for 7 months then want to get the money back??? give me a break!! I think you should stand on your ground and email that con artist that your bag is authentic and you have proof for it. It's been 7 months the bag must be used and destroyed already. its too late and how you going to know that she didn't do bait and switch.. :cursing: i hope u win and i want god take all the scammer down !!

UPDATE!!!! OH MY....

So I emailed her saying I couldn't accept the return for OBVIOUS reasons, and I never heard back so I thought please let me be done with this...So then when I woke up this morning to an even scarier email saying "YOU BETTER REFUND ME OR ELSE I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE YOU SELL FAKE ITEMS AND GET YOUR KICKED OFF EBAY!"

I called paypal earlier and they said she had 45 days, and I am still waiting for the sales assoc at Jimmy Choo to call me back about the invoice from 7 months ago. I looked at my cc statement and it too far back. I have emailed her again saying this is not going to work and that I have paypal and ebay on my side and to go ahead and "ruin me" Even if I do get kicked off ebay,karma always comes back....

Thanks Everyone For your Support I do not know what I would do w/o you girls!!!xoxoxoxoxoxo

What a whackadoo!! Save that email, she is threatening you!
7 months is way too long for her to even think that she has any ground to stand on, what the heck?!

And to the poster that mentioned receiving a speaker in the mail...ebay is just getting too scay for me to even want to bother selling anything anymore!

UPDATE!!!! OH MY....

So I emailed her saying I couldn't accept the return for OBVIOUS reasons, and I never heard back so I thought please let me be done with this...So then when I woke up this morning to an even scarier email saying "YOU BETTER REFUND ME OR ELSE I AM GOING TO TELL EVERYONE YOU SELL FAKE ITEMS AND GET YOUR KICKED OFF EBAY!"

I would forward that to eBay - she is in for a surprise on who's really gonna get kicked out.

man why are there con artist like this?!??! makes me mad.

Wow! She sounds like a real piece of work! I wouldn't worry about it. PayPal said it was too late and it's too late for her to do a charge back on her credit card. I recently had to file a charge back with one of my credit cards and they told me that you have 120 days. So she's way past both. As far as ruining you on Ebay, I'm not sure how exactly she'd do that. Good move contacting Ebay and PayPal.

How strange! What is her feedback like? I can't imagine a sane person doing this unless they really thought they had bought a fake bag. There is really nothing she can do except threaten you with e-mails...but how awful!