OMG! SO weird!

Don't do it! They would rob you, give you counterfeit bills, have another person with them who could follow you home. I would block them (as other members have said) and sell to someone else.

They're blocked!
Lots of other interest in the bag, and only a few of those people seem to want either a different shipping method and/or a huge discount. :rolleyes:

I just don't understand the mentality of eBay buyers lately. If I'm selling something for a certain amount, don't ask me to reduce the price by a huge amount of money!! I'm a business person selling a highly desirable luxury commodity; I'm not a flea market vendor selling $3 pleather fanny packs. Jeez. (sorry for the rant, I'm just irritable this morning LOL)

They're blocked!
Lots of other interest in the bag, and only a few of those people seem to want either a different shipping method and/or a huge discount. :rolleyes:

Good! And good riddance. Stick to your guns [literally??] and do business your way - very good service way. If they're a pia to begin with, it only gets worse. You have gorgeous items, and the fall season will soon be here. Lots of pias in August.

You have to treat meeting someone in person from ebay to do a transaction like a drug deal. It could all go bad in a split second. Stay safe if you don't feel comfortable meeting someone in the corner of a gas station.

Or go out for dinner w/ your husband and ask them to come by the restaurant.

Wow! So glad you didn't follow through on this! We've had several people murdered here in the metroplex in similar situations. One was a realtor and the other was a guy trying to sell his car. Can't be too carefull these days! :tdown:

There may be things that stink worse - durian comes to mind, a couple of alleged public restrooms I got within 15 feet of and decided to wait, and somewhere in darkest Bavaria, there is probably a little-known, semi-soft and semi-secret cheese.....

But why take the chance. Don't do it. Sell it safely, get the money, go to Bavaria, and see if you can find that cheese.

:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I just don't understand the mentality of eBay buyers lately. If I'm selling something for a certain amount, don't ask me to reduce the price by a huge amount of money!! I'm a business person selling a highly desirable luxury commodity; I'm not a flea market vendor selling $3 pleather fanny packs. Jeez. (sorry for the rant, I'm just irritable this morning LOL)

I've been having the same problem lately. Even if there isn't a BEST OFFER mentioned, they're taking it upon themselves to email me and ask for large discounts...
what's going on? Ebay is turning into a skanky flea market....:confused1:

I always say to go with your gut instinct. I would wonder why they would want to met and do the transaction that way. If they used a cc on ebay that would be their best protection. (Not saying your item is not real or anything) I would NOT met them anywhere, but maybe find out why they wanted to do that? I just would hate to see you hurt.

Originally Posted by ShimmaPuff
There may be things that stink worse - durian comes to mind, a couple of alleged public restrooms I got within 15 feet of and decided to wait, and somewhere in darkest Bavaria, there is probably a little-known, semi-soft and semi-secret cheese.....

But why take the chance. Don't do it. Sell it safely, get the money, go to Bavaria, and see if you can find that cheese.

LOL!!! I do love me some stinky cheese, that's for sure!

Hummingbird, thanks so much :love: You're very kind.

And thank you to everyone else, as well...you all validated my feelings of ookyness about this one. I really hate being right about people when they have potentially nefarious intent, but it's better being safe than sorry.

Pasadena, NY? Don't think so. I grew up on LI and lived different parts of NY after college. No Pasadena there!
Yep, no Pasadena NY that I could find. I've lived in NY for over 15 years and I was actually googling Pasadena NY just in case it was somewhere way upstate and I'd just never heard of it, LOL. What can I say, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt even if they're demonstrating a high degree of freakyness. :lol: