~~OMG, Please PLEASE Throw OUT the Rulebooks!

:yahoo: I completely agree! Carry what you love, not what other think you "should" carry. If something makes you ridiculously happy looking at it and carrying it, why not? Your love of the bag will translate into making it look perfect on you regardless of any "rules". :flowers:

I have to say I love to hear everyones opinions and I LOVE to drool :drool: over everyones pics. I find everyones input invaluable, and I know we all feel the same.
But we are all individuals, and at the end of the day ,we all have to satisfy our desires :girlsigh:, no matter how crazy they seem to everyone!!!!
Hey, I am 5'4" and curvy (thats what I call it :P). I love my lil mini Kelly, and I may look ridiculous to others carrying it. But at the moment I dont think I do, its just perfectly cute :love:. One day I may change my mind, but at the moment I just love it.

Everybody should wear what they're comfortable with. Plus there's more to consider than the height of a person to determine which bag fits her best. It's the whole body composure, and everybody is different, so it really depends from case to case.
Had I gone by 'rule books', I never would carry 28 Kellys at 5'11". I also couldn't care less which hardware is appropriate for day/nighttime.

Susi, I appreciate what you're saying. Honestly. :heart: But I am also baffled that the same people who had repeatedly recommended or rather, gave their personal opinions about sizes, have jumped onto this bandwagon.

To be really objective here, the first time I heard about appropriateness of size vis-a-vis height/weight proportions was in fact from my store. And I think many SAs around the world were taught the same spew, to help customers decide on their sizes etc. It's not something that started here .... jm2c ... :flowers:Love, MrsS

Ok, please do not take any hard feelings towards what i am going to say ... this is just my personal opinion ...

I would like to say sorry first if I offend anyone in here in anyway. For example I read a thread about someone just got a new bag and i feel that the bag is just ok or not really nice on her but people keep saying its nice, beautiful etc and praising alot whereas i feel that she/he looks ridiculous with it (maybe also because the way she/he dressed). Sometimes they look really trully nice and beautiful, but sometimes they also look terrible and ridiculous and still alot of people give alot of compliments which i find it weird. Come on! Not everything always look nice, right? nothing is perfect anywhere. So I feel that this forum only accept members that says nice things and that means we cannot really be honest here (unless in PM). I read many of tpf members commenting how Britney Spears dressed badly and that kelly doesn't suit her at all but never give bad comments to any fellow tpf member about how she/he dressed and carrying kelly/birkin. I believe some of you have this kind of feelings. So I only reply to thread that only in my opinion if it looks good and didn't say anything if it is bad and ridiculous.
I like SA that is honest to me if i ask for his/her opinion ... not just because they want to sell their stuff and get the commissions.

I hope i'm not offending anyone here :smile:

Cheersssss ;)

You notice that I don't ask people's opinions on bag sizes. Why? Because I'm 5'1", kind of "curvy" for lack of a nicer word, and most importantly, unless people are buying my stuff for me, I really don't care if they think it looks right or wrong. I'll carry what I damn well please.

I guess I'm larger than life or something, heh, because my favorite size Birkin is a 35.

I agree Isus, but I don´t think any of the ladies think "the rules" can´t be broken though. Everyone will wear what they feel they can rock, I don´t believe anyone is that affected by other people´s feelings.

Hmmmmm.....well, I like a 28cm and a 30cm on my frame but I'm 5'3" and 110# and for ME it's all about proportion. But that's me and when I'm asked, I'm verbal about it. Personally, I don't care WHAT people wear with what or when.....because ultimately it IS up to the individual. I usually don't give my opinon unless asked but WHEN I'm asked, I give it honestly and according to the "S'Moms Book of Proportion and Usage".

Hmmmmm.....well, I like a 28cm and a 30cm on my frame but I'm 5'3" and 110# and for ME it's all about proportion. But that's me and when I'm asked, I'm verbal about it. Personally, I don't care WHAT people wear with what or when.....because ultimately it IS up to the individual. I usually don't give my opinon unless asked but WHEN I'm asked, I give it honestly and according to the "S'Moms Book of Proportion and Usage".

I agree with you S'Mom :yes::yes::yes:

I belive that we all want to hear everyones opinions, Good or Bad !!! Its one of the things that draw us to this forum. I love everyones comments. And if we are carrying something H, how bad can it get.??:P
At the end of the day, we do all ask questions. I know I do, and I would love everyones honest opinions. But sometimes, there are just those desirable items, where your heart rules your head, and you just gotta have them!!!:love:, and no-ones opinions are gonna change your mind