OMG Pistachio Twiggy

Greendrv said:
No, I don't surferchick got some inside ebay buyer/seller scoop or is lurking/spying here and swooping in to steal the bags that are posted here (I feel I need to defend or clear the air because I've seen this implied accusation about other sellers on other Balenciaga posts). Surferchick is a very active member of tfs; that's how I know her. I know that it may feel like tpf is the center of the handbag universe, but tfs exists independently (and has been around longer), and the balenciaga forum there has many active members who search ebay every hour for deals and have been doing this for a long time. I don't know if she frequents tpf. I didn't really start actively posting on tpf until the tfs server went down for long stretches of time for server upgrades.

Nobody accused Surferchick of anything other than getting good deals!
No need to clear any air here.

Yes, let me echo ByMiMi's postive post! I know it feels like it's never going to happen, but it will! And we'll keep posting good deals here and PM'ing until it does! ;)

I have no doubt it will happen, I was just venting about my situation with bidding the same amount and then not upping my bid on eBay because the seller said she'd get back to me.
That's it. I guess that's the tricky part about people ending their auctions early for a BIN when no BIN was offered to begin with!

Folks ... this is what I do if I ABSOLUTELY, POSITVELY, REALLY-TRULY WANT something on eBay and am bound and determined to get it ... AT ANY COST ... I use AuctionSniper!!!!

AuctionSniper has the ability to import your eBay watched items. You then flag the item for bidding, put in your MAXIMUM bid, set the "timer" (the last second that you want to insert your bid) and voila ... it bids for you! This is how I've ended up winning every item; no more disappointments due to a slow network, etc. However, you do need to keep in mind the top *value* that you want to spend as AuctionSniper will bid only up to that amount.

Just like the eBay High Bid, AuctionSniper will bid in increments (you set up the increment in your profile), so if the ending value doesn't reach your max, you only bid the increment past the other bidders in order to win the auction.

AuctionSniper gives you three free snipes, then you have to pay for the snipes after that point (which isn't too bad - all considered you might be getting the deal-of-the-century!).

Cheers!!

wow!! surferchick gets good deals! good for her! I wish I had the time to check every hour to get the deals...

I'm still healing from a few weeks ago...over a bag that I bid on and someone else (who has tons of bags mind you) bid over me in the last second... *sigh* I've had such bad luck with bbag deals on eBay and some people seem to have such good luck- I wish it was a little more even (hell! I just want one)

The seller got back to me this morning. She told me she had slept on it and recognized that she felt pressured by a lot of emails requesting an answer immediately from the winner.
She felt it was the nice thing to do to sell it to her.
The seller is really sweet and obviously she felt like she was doing the right thing in taking less money, because the other girl was first, even though there was no BIN option!!
It's chock full of intergrity!
How can I be upset?

Anyhow, I thought I'd update by saying that I'm not upset with the seller/situation anymore.:biggrin:

GOOD MORNING!
(to most of us)

Wow. I'm surprised there was an entire thread on this twiggy. What seemed like simple interactions between a buyer and seller turned into this? And in actuality, I didn't SWAMP the seller with e-mails to pressure her to sell, but in trying to figure out how to end the auction.

Since it's up to three pages, here's the story from what started it all:

The one morning out of the week I had to get up at 4 AM PST to see my husband off. I happen to see this listed so I e-mailed the seller about a BIN and ship cost, nothing adnormal here. Because she said the ship cost included up to 500 pounds insurance, I offered that amount so it would be completely covered. She PROMPTLY AGREED & ACCEPTED then said if I could pay asap, it would be sent out the next day. This was maybe 5:30?

Unfortunately, she didn't know how to put a BIN on it and asked if maybe I KNEW. I don't sell either so I had no idea but tried to help in some research. I explained it would be easier to go through the auction since my paypal (that I know of) doesn't convert to pounds but it could be used as a last resort. In the mean time, I'd try to figure it out and e-mail if anything. She then said she'd send me a Paypal invoice. Anyway, she apparently had to go to a meeting for an hour or so and within that time any e-mails maybe 3 (?) with updated INFO (shouldn't have been pressure here) telling her I had talked to a friend and apparently you can't do a BIN for an auction with bids. My next thought (updated her here) was if BID 500 pounds, maybe she could end it as the high bidder but had no idea if it would end at 31 pounds, a high amount it stayed at for more than an hour after that. So I emailed to let her know I did that and if it gave her the option to end it at 500 but then later realized that wouldn't work either SO I told her not to waste any time on that thought. I gave her a currency conversion that I could use to paypal her directly unless she was able to create the invoice. OK, I'm still wondering what's going to happen to the auction if we did it this way. Then miraculously, it went up to my accepted offer amount and then was told it would be so easy for her to just end it then. In a final e-mail about his, I told her to disregard the other suggestions unless the bid amount changed again. After briefly checking in to let me know she had been in a meeting the last hour and would have to run off to another one that would take another hour, my LAST e-mail was to tell her I didn't want this auction to interrupt her at work and that any e-mails (3 at the most) before the last one were updates that weren't even necessary now that the bid amount had risen to the accepted offer amount exactly. Yes, anything more than ONE e-mail seems excessive to me but these were INFORMATIONAL not PUSHY. Then, in my next e-mail was received an hour or two later telling me I had won the auction.

I'm sorry if she felt my updates and info on how to finish off the transaction was looked at as badgering or she IS just very nice and maybe didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but not once was there a hurry hurry in ANY of my e-mails except the one telling her it could just be ended with the highest bidder at that point. And this was so, because I'd spent since pre 6 am to complete this while giving suggestions along the way and G forbid if it HAD risen above the agreed amount then trying to start over again. Also I had no idea she had went to a meeting and wanted to standby to pay since I wanted her to know I was a serious bidder and ALSO on a less important note, I wanted to go back to BED! I realize it's not brain surgery and am embarassed that this was so hard to figure out, then feeling the need to post this..but this is what happened. Unfortunately, you can't pull unread e-mails back although they would have been helpful if the amount had stayed where it was at the time they were sent.

The seller is very nice (and a bbag addict like I am) and did say she honoured my amount we had agreed upon way back in the wee hours of the morning (for me anyway). I had no idea she was setting herself up for a buyer even being upset with selling it to me or I may have just backed out. I've done it before voluntarily on bags I had won (I specifically remember a seafoam or another pistachio and lilac) to not put a seller in an awkward position, so it's not a life altering deal to me. Honestly, the explanation sounded like I was a hound, which is so far from the truth. If either one of us had been more experienced in selling and she wasn't preoccupied with work, it would have ended at 530 or 6am that morning when the max amount was at 20 pounds insead ot 10 am.

And maybe there's no air to clear, but JUST IN CASE there is some unvoiced speculation out there.... no, I'm not in cahoots with any of these sellers. I wouldn't have to dig on ebay if I were. ;)

**wow..didn't know it would turn out this long

^ soooo perfectly said. I'll say it again girl - congrats on the bag! You deserved it, and you just got lucky ;) and I know you're gonna rock it!

...everyone will find their dream bbabies soon, they always pop up - there is enough for them to go around to all! :biggrin: