OMG Peter Tay got Laid Off!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is very sad!! It is also like a never ending cycle sometimes. People lose their jobs, which means they cannot put as much money back into the economy, which contributes to us having a bad economy, which makes people lose their jobs, etc.

I have always been taught to save for a rainy day, but unfortunately a lot people have not noticed that the rainy days are here or didn't prepare for it (I am not talking about Peter, just in general)!

This is very scary!
Too true, jimmyshoo, I'm scared that I won't be able to find a summer job now! Or, even worse, a job when i graduate. :sad:

This is bad news. I really feel bad for him.:sad:

I just sent him an email last night asking if he had a pair of CLs I am interested in. When I saw his email in my inbox I thought it was going to be good news about the shoes. As always, anytime I want to purchase a pair of CLs, he is always one of my "go to" SA.

Last edited:
If we all write a letter he might get his job back at Saks. Does anyone know what to say in the letter?

Also, is Saks gonna file for a Chapter 11? I heard from someone they already have but have not seen it in news.

If we all write a letter he might get his job back at Saks. Does anyone know what to say in the letter?

Also, is Saks gonna file for a Chapter 11? I heard from someone they already have but have not seen it in news.
It would definitely have to be something that they have not heard. They write the checks so they know he is a good SA.

Last edited:
i wrote a quick letter on peter's behalf to his bosses. i only bought 2 pairs from him, both on sale, but he was such a great and hardworking guy and i totally feel for him, especially since i used to work retail. i know he will land on his feet, but it's disheartening even still. my best girlfriend was a store manager and got fired last week too, so all these people losing their jobs is hitting close to home for me.

Maybe someone should start a petition and send it to the higher ups, not the managers. The managers do as told and will probably not risk their positions to get someone else their job back!

Status
Not open for further replies.