OMG Peter Tay got Laid Off!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2009
    Just got this email from the CL hero...........

Today Saks layed off a considerable amount of people. Unfortunately, I was one of the many.
    While I can't directly help you at Saks, I will continue to deliver new shoes to your inbox. The shoes will be coming from various stores in the new York area and I will be able to arrange orders for you.
    If you would like to send a letter to my bosses, you can email, jason gardner and steve sadove at the addresses below.
    xx
    Thank you for everything!

2. I know :sad:

3. Yea, I think we all got this email.

4. I was shocked also. Geez! We need to save the economy! Buy More Louboutin's!!!!!!!

5. OH NO! Do you think we should all e-mail his bosses and try to get them to rehire him? I don't know if it would be effective.

6. Buying more Louboutins was not his problem. He was a top seller.

7. #7 Jan 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
    I just woke up and it was my newest email, not a fantastic way to start the day I tell you.

8. chins, you and i both started the same thread! whoops... mods, please feel free to combine.

9. Oh man, that's terrible. :sad:

10. why would such a good seller get laid off?

11. I do not think selling more CLs was his issue as I know he was a very top seller.

12. His email said "a considerable amount” were let go so who knows how many in how many departments were also laid off. And I just saw him last night! I agree with what others said, I don’t really think emailing would do any good. His managers probably felt bad having to let go as many as they did. :sad:

13. I'm was shocked when I got the email .... I can't believe they laid him off!

14. I am so sad for him! If he was let go, who on earth did they keep????

15. I saw an article in the NY Times. It stated ..." Saks Inc. said late Thursday that it was cutting 1,100 in-store and corporate support jobs, or about 9 percent of its work force, eliminating merit-based wage increases and suspending matching contributions to employee 401(k) plans for at least a year. On Wednesday, Neiman Marcus said it was cutting 375 jobs, or 2.3 percent of its work force."

Looks like it wasnt just Saks, and it will probably follow with more luxury retailers. That is my guess. My heart goes out to Peter. I am not sure if emailing his bosses would help or not. Decisions are made, etc... Its hard to reverse a decision like that sometimes for just one person.

Cara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.