OMG; people are so ignorant!

Becca4277

www.petfinder.com
O.G.
Jan 3, 2006
I had listed on Ebay a LV bag. The tag says "Made in USA". I obviously took all of the important pictures to prove the bag was authentic.

After the auction ended, I get this question from someone on Ebay:

Just curious:If it is authenic Louis Vuitton, why does it say made in the USA? My authentic Alma bag says made in France down at the bottom on the side.

I responded back that bags were made in France, Spain, and the US. I suggested she google LV to get more information on the brand, etc. This is the response she gave me:

Thank you for your quick response. I have called the LV store and they assured me that they do not manufacture any LV items in the US. They do however, make small items in spain. Your suggestion to google was excellant. I found that 90% of the LV sold on ebay is fake. I also found out that it is just as illegal to buy as it is to sell. I have ordered my daughters wallet on the LV website as you can now order directly.
Thank you for your time

I was dumb founded!! I try to "educate" someone is a nice way, and I get this snippy email back. How rude was that??? :cursing:

i think this was worse than her response "I have called the LV store and they assured me that they do not manufacture any LV items in the US" :weird:

I hate ebay...but that's the way it is on that site, you will get your mix of clueless idiots to those trying to scam their way out of a legitimate auction.
Sorry you met one of them !!!

i guess google didn't take her here. oh well. I hope she buys herself or her daughters an actual LV bag and I hope it says "Made In USA".

lol I love that...that would be too funny if she did get a made in USA piece directly from LV.

And someone else also said they wouldn't be surprised that LV told her that...Neither am I. I know from calling about new items or asking questions that half of them have NO idea.:s