OMG! Never happened before- charge back

UGH!! PAYPAL!!!

Unlike many people, I actually read through all the rules, regulations, and policies. I do everything by the book and STILL have been screwed over by them.

According to PayPal, when someone issues a chargeback, they automatically look into it on your behalf. When I won my chargeback, they also charged a fee for this service :hrmm:

Anyway, just some tips for people:
Put in your auction listing that you only sell to verified PayPal members and ship only to confirmed address, NO EXCEPTIONS. If someone who does not meet these qualifications bids, wins, and pays, then refund their money and email them letting them know. If they keep sending the payment, keep refunding.

I sold a purse for over $700 and the winner was from Nigeria (OBVIOUS giveaway of a scam by the way). He/She kept sending me the PayPal payment even though he understood my policy!! They kept emailing me back saying that they really wanted the purse. I had to refund their payment several times!!!

I dont know how the feedback works with that regarding if they are still allowed to leave feedback or not. Lucky in my case they finally stopped sending the payment and never left feedback. Surprise, surprise: They are no longer a registered user...

PayPal is a nightmare. Sadly it is still the safest method (aside from a UPS money order that you cash BEFORE mailing out the item.... but hardly any buyer wants anything other than PayPal).