OMG my store got some F/W 08 items early!!! Going to take a peek...

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. My SA just called and my monogram shimmer Halo has arrived! Since I am leaving town for school in a few weeks, he wanted to make sure I could come in and choose the colour myself. I'm so excited but I can't take it home with me today! I will try and find out exact release dates and see if other FW pieces have arrived! Stay tuned!

2. Yay!!!:yahoo: That is exciting! I can't wait to see what color you choose! :nuts:

3. Congrats! I can't wait to see pics!!!

4. already ? lol

5. O.M.G. My money tree hasn't grown yet. :lol:

Congrats on your new bag! And please report back.

6. Wow that is super early. Is it just to pre pick your colour or will they let you take it home?

7. Oooh...this is exciting. Let us know what else you see. Can't wait to see all the pics of F/W 08 purchases here:nuts:!

8. Woo...can't wait to see which color u pick!! Keep us updated!

9. Can't wait to see pics!

10. The international release date for Monogram Shimmer is September 1st so they are not allowed to sell before this date but honestly I wouldn't be suprised as some SA's are so desperate to sell (see damier graphite).. In our store we are under strict orders but others, especially in the US aren't..

11. I hope you can take some pics for us!

12. ooohh I'm soo excited for you jelly!!!

13. Ok I'm back!!! No pics and no purchases because as Habibty said, the official release date is Sept 1st so my SA just wanted me to see the Halo and Comete IRL and pick which colour I wanted.

I have to say, I'm much more impressed by the Halo IRL! I was pleasantly surprised! It was a lot bigger than I thought (it's bigger than it looks in my sig pic, although I know that models are really tall and generally have big hands) and it sort of smooshes in the middle kind of like Nimbus PM, so that may be why it looks smaller than it really is. It's bigger than the limelight GM I would say (or roughly equal), and definitely wider, so it can hold a fair bit. The strap is really short though, so it pretty much has to be hand held.

The material feels very similar to the motard - sort of slippery and plasticky but also with a leathery texture underneath, if that makes any sense. Overall, the bag is quite light, although the tassel is substantial and the metal piece on the tassel definitely has some weight to it.

I was most impressed by the peach colour! I will try to describe it. In my eyes, it definitely looks PINK, however it's very silvery and shimmery, almost pearlized. So if I had to compare it with something, I would say it is like pearlized pink eyeshadow. It's absolutely gorgeous. I'm glad it's not bronze at all. It's shimmery enough so that it's difficult to distinguish it from silver if the two are not side-by-side, if you can imagine that. The silver definitely has a whitish sheen.

The comete is quite large. I was surprised by how wide it is. IMHO the shape is pretty awkward because it would jut out from the body if the strap was resting on the shoulder. If I could compare the shape to something, a shoebox comes to mind in terms of both shape and dimensions. It's soft and unstructured though, so it will smoosh down in the middle. If anyone was wondering, the tassels are NOT detachable. They are stuck on with 2 very solid loops.

Hope that helps a bit more! Personally I am in love with the Halo and can't wait to receive mine via Fed Ex just after Sept 1st! :yahoo:

I asked about the black speedy cube but my store had not received it yet.

14. Thanks for the tip jellybebe! The Halo sure sounds stunning! :tup:

15. Jellybebe, this is the news I was hoping for! I WL for the Halo in peach and I am so happy to hear so a glowing report! Your excitement has me really anxious now, thanks! You are such a dear to scope it out and provide such in depth details, thank you, thank you, thank you and so happy that you love it!