omg my moon turned moldy!!

Jul 30, 2008
Hi

i just took a look at my moon cabat and it moldy all over, both inside and out, including the pouch!! this has nvr happened to any of my bv bags! what should i do now?? do i wipe it down or take it straight to a pro?? i am just wondering why this happened? it has been in my bedroom on a chair, not near any moisture.

i am so traumatised, help!!

liquid_room said:
hi

i just took a look at my moon cabat and it moldy all over, both inside and out, including the pouch!! This has nvr happened to any of my bv bags! What should i do now?? Do i wipe it down or take it straight to a pro?? I am just wondering why this happened? It has been in my bedroom on a chair, not near any moisture.

I am so traumatised, help!!

image-3624332193.png

liquid_room said:
hi

i just took a look at my moon cabat and it moldy all over, both inside and out, including the pouch!! This has nvr happened to any of my bv bags! What should i do now?? Do i wipe it down or take it straight to a pro?? I am just wondering why this happened? It has been in my bedroom on a chair, not near any moisture.

I am so traumatised, help!!

image-3779985087.png

wow, take it to the boutique!!

but first, just wipe it off, looks like it could be some superficial mold.

so this happened from being out on a chair?? was it in the dustbag? had you used it on a rainy day before storing it?

this is so bizarre, I'm so sorry for you!

wow, take it to the boutique!!

but first, just wipe it off, looks like it could be some superficial mold.

so this happened from being out on a chair?? was it in the dustbag? had you used it on a rainy day before storing it?

this is so bizarre, I'm so sorry for you!

i am in asia, the boutiques aren't terribly helpful... yes it was just on a chair, not in its dustbag. i hv nvr used it in the rain. in fact i seldom use it. oh it is just so crazy!

i will call the boutique and if they aren't helpful off i go to the pro bag cleaner!

You can definitely send that bag to BV for cleaning - if your boutique is not helpful, PLEASE call for Sydney here in NYC, USA - yes, it's a ways away but it's better than losing that Cabat! once mold starts in leather, it won't stop until it's professionally cleaned. And for this, you NEED to have BV take care of it.

Sydney Richards/Repair
Bottega Veneta
699 5th Avenue
New York NY USA 10033-3107

Phone: 212-371-5511

and FYI - the mold spores were in place a bit ago - the bag wouldn't have just started molding overnight - this was in place for a while and it finally came to the surface (and it is NOT something you can just WIPE OFF)

and FYI - the mold spores were in place a bit ago - the bag wouldn't have just started molding overnight - this was in place for a while and it finally came to the surface (and it is NOT something you can just WIPE OFF)

india

i won't even attempt to wipe it off. it has gotten in between the strips of leather. i am v anxious now can't wait till morning. i cant believe i missed it. must be the color of the bag coupled with the fact that it was in a corner of my room....poor cabat i won't let u die!

i'm sorry, liquid_room. i hope either BV or the bag cleaning shop can make it good as new. if not and you're willing to ship, i hear lovin' my bags can do wonders - they're in new york.

Oh how awful!! Please listen to indiaink!! Please if you don't get a good response from the BV by you, send it to her SA. He really helps! Best of luck!

thanks gals for understanding! i sent her into ER yesterday after calling BV. they just told me to send it to ER.....it will be a week before i can get moon back again. i was told that there might be discoloration after the removal of the mould! thank goodness moon is such a dark color anyway so i m hoping it won't be that obvious!