OMG...look what I found in my car last night....

OMG...That would have totally freaked me out. Do you have a manly neighbor or someone who could come get it out for you?

I can totally relate -- DH and I went on vacation to Fiji last fall. We were kayaking down this little stream near the resort and going under all sorts of trees and foliage, and DH says, "Uh, honey, there's one of those big spiders like we saw yesterday on your shoulder." I started screaming for him to get it off of me, and he brushed it off with his oar (paddle? clearly I'm not a big kayaker.) So then it's in the bottom of the boat next to me. I have no idea how I did it, but I managed to scoot backward in the boat really fast without tipping the kayak over. I loathe spiders, even small ones, so having one the size of my palm on me was a nightmare.

OMG! I moved to SC almost 2 years ago, and we are moving back to MA and this is one of the reasons! (Ok, not for my DH, but for me!) I don't mind the frogs & geckos, but the spiders and palmetto bugs - ahhhh!! And I've just seen the little brown ones in my house, but I have been told about these banana spiders...OMG, if I saw one, I think I'd run all the way back to MA! So sorry this happened to you...I hope you can get someone to get it out!

How about those wolf spiders down here(here's a picture for your enjoyment):
wolfspider.jpg

...those thick, furry ones that run FAST! I vacuumed one up and it 'crunched'. I hate spiders more than ANYTHING, so Florida is NOT the place for me. Frogs and geckos are cute, but there's frog poo everyewhere on our window sills. I don't understand how anyone could WANT to live here by choice! I guess they don't know about bug-free zones:confused1:

OMG now don't laugh but I had just opened this post and was looking at that horrible spider when a bit of fluff fell into my lap - OMG did I scream, my children wondered what the hell had happened!!!!

I practically wet myself!

OOOOOOH I hate spiders and that thing completely freaked me out - I am still shaking!!!!

OMG...That would have totally freaked me out. Do you have a manly neighbor or someone who could come get it out for you?

I can totally relate -- DH and I went on vacation to Fiji last fall. We were kayaking down this little stream near the resort and going under all sorts of trees and foliage, and DH says, "Uh, honey, there's one of those big spiders like we saw yesterday on your shoulder." I started screaming for him to get it off of me, and he brushed it off with his oar (paddle? clearly I'm not a big kayaker.) So then it's in the bottom of the boat next to me. I have no idea how I did it, but I managed to scoot backward in the boat really fast without tipping the kayak over. I loathe spiders, even small ones, so having one the size of my palm on me was a nightmare.

OMG, too funny of an image! What a nightmare THAT would have been for me...I would have jumped out and got eaten by an alligator most likely..LOL

:wtf: :yucky:

I am not one to be all grossed out with bugs or anything, but this is where I draw the line! I think I would have just abandoned my car and taken public transportation.

Janette - do you have the huge iguanas in your yard? My in-laws live in the Keys and they are overrun with them!! They are actually considered pests there. My father-in-law can't even grow vegetables anymore because of them!

That spider gives me the heebie jeebies...glad you found it before it found you!!! :wtf:

No, I am in Central Florida, so I haven't seen any of those...yet!

I hate killing any kind of creatures, including spiders, but if I had seen that monster roaming around in my car, I would have screamed and refused to drive it. That best is SCARY.

EWWwww That's a huge spider! Whew, atleast you saw it before driving!

In my old home, I once saw a red centipede!!! on my mattress! I ran like the wind, but couldnt find it again until 3 days later under my bed. And had though I was imagining things!

Yikes very scary!

Last night I accidently left the sunroof open on my car and it was parked outside too. I am scared of what bugs could have crawled inside. After seeing this thread now I am very scared but I have never seen a spider like that, and I don't think we have them here.