OMG! Look at what happened to my suhali! :(

kate021105

bagaholic
O.G.
Jul 27, 2008
Manila
katebernal.multiply.com
Hi fellow TPFers! Please help! I don't know what happened to my LV Suhali Le Fabuleux.. I just stored this bag (w/dustbag) in my closet for 4 months, and when I opened it, I was shocked! There are tiny yellow spots on the bag.. Please tell me what these yellow spots are and what should I do to restore the condition of my bag? Its made of goat skin.. Should I use apple garde? This is my most expensive bag in my collection! Waahhhhh! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:
1 side
DSC03081.JPG
The other side
DSC03092_smaller.jpg
Closeup
DSC03087_smaller.jpg

LaurieLou

IG@LaurieLouie
Jun 18, 2008
NY
Is it humid there? It could be some kind of mold. Can you wipe it off or is it IN the leather?

Sep 24, 2006
The Golden State
OMG, how awful! It looks like the leather has peeled or something. Have you taken it to LV and see if something can be done? Gosh, I am so sorry this happened to your fabulous bag. I'm hoping some other tPFer knows. I too have a Le Fab, but in white.

jch0425

T&Co./LV
O.G.
Jun 8, 2008
Houston, TX
Looks like the leather is peeling/cracking! Take it to the boutique and speak to the LG Manager. Good Luck!

It doesn't look like molds. You can see the leather cracking and peeling all over the places.

Last edited:

mumar_k

O.G.
Jan 29, 2008
ohio
OMG, sweetie . So sorry to see that. I think you should take it to the store and see what they say. Don't do anything before consulting them ! Good luck

deem0nessa

O.G.
Jan 7, 2009
OMG, sweetie . So sorry to see that. I think you should take it to the store and see what they say. Don't do anything before consulting them ! Good luck
I agree...do not try to treat it before taking it into the boutique....

maryelle

the sky is the limit
O.G.
Nov 30, 2008
houston, tx
omg.... that's horrible... looks like it got infected or something. :[ definitely take it to lv asap and do not do any home remedies yet!! see what they say.... i hope it will be restored to perfection.... this is very tragic. :[

toujours*chic

PAID TO HAVE AN OPINION
O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Silk Nirvana
Please take it back to LV ASAP- this looks like a manufacturing defect that probably cannot be repaired and will need to be "decommissioned" for lack of a better term. LV should stand behind the bag and replace it in kind or with something similar. Good luck- I hope you will post what happens.

Crazy Bag

Loves LV
O.G.
Sep 10, 2007
Uniquely Singapore
Yours look like the silver Le Fab...correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding from another TPFer on metallic bags -- regardless of brands will peel - Hermes, Chanel etc. The metallic dye does not settle well on leather. Your suhali looks like it is peeling.

If u do a search on metallic bags, there are alot of discussion on it.

bearbear

O.G.
Dec 29, 2008
Matellic peel...that's terrible!!! but it will peel off itself even it's well stored in dustbag??