OMG- Look at these Fakes- DISCUSSION THREAD.

You know, we never know who else reads this forum, we might have helped that site gain more biz. But also at the same time, educated the Hermes Affectionate on what to look for.. double-edged swords.

I hope something can be done. I think it can, this is a good time to do it...
melamine, anyone????? From dog food to toys to everything in between, China is blowing it...it cannot be long before some real accountability happens (2008)>>i hope

This is not the only one.....the one that is de---mall. (pm me for more) does even more styles....and sadly, horse skin and manta ray, not to mention croc and other exotics.

They flat out sell on ebay using their user name. They have taken to leaving the Hermes stamp off of their "Lindy" "Birkin" Evelyne" Picotin" "Kelly" and other bags......:mad::mad:

:bagslap:

I am pretty sure these are not farmed exotics...so not only do the usual crimes apply, but I think there is reason to be concerned about the animal populations exploited in the making of these bags. Crimes piled on top of crimes.

Fight the good (orange) fight....

this is scary, scary, scary . . . there's got to be a way to stop this. :confused1:

http://www.topbagzone.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=34_37

any ideas? fuss at hermes to come up with some registration system? if china doesn't give a hoot, i suppose we can't stop them from making these -- but can't the government close down the english websites? that, at least, would make it harder to get them.

Wow! Sickening! Well, Pete from LZ did warn us recently about the new generation of *H* fakes, and this may be one of the sources. I can only say that the next bag I buy will be from the boutique.

I'll be happy to sign any letter you draft, DQ, but all I can say is good luck trying to stop them! They'll only find another conduit through which to peddle their crap. Seems to me that lawlessness is a way of life in China, between the rampant counterfeiting of just about every brand and exports of tainted seafood, personal care products, food additives, children's toys contaminated with lead, etc. And the US govt. is also culpable since it does little or nothing to stanch the flood of these goods into the US -- not with China financing significant amounts of our debt and the corporations running the show.

I think a mass consumer boycott of/rebellion against anything made in China is in order. That may be the only way to put a stop to this nonsense. A market flooded with cheap goods costs us $$$$$$$ in other ways.

You know what all this talk about fakes make me think? I will NEVER buy from non reputable resellers. There are newcomers onto the ebay resale scene. Any reseller with even the slightest suspicion, be it the bags or character, I will run miles away from. I will never recommend these sort of resellers to my friends.

You never know when they can make a mistake or two, and unkowningly buy a fake here and there. I know of a case where a reseller (with a real storefront) bought a really good fake and paid good money for it. And a tPFer spotted it and alerted him that it was a fake. Thank goodness he was able to get his money back.

I personally believe this means nothing to Hermes. Because it drives the real Hermes customers with deep pockets to the store every time.

I personally believe this means nothing to Hermes. Because it drives the real Hermes customers with deep pockets to the store every time.

Why would the customers be driven to the store because of site´s like this, some wouldn´t even recognize the bags aren´t real? I got a message from H customer care that they have put their legal department on this matter.

This is really SCARY! I really hope that although these bags might look similar to the real ones in pics, in reality one would be able to identify it as a fake. What scares me the most is if these bags fall into sellers who will sell them as real Hermes, at premium prices. It's easy to spot fakes when they're sold at a cheap price. But I hope members here are aware that even those sold at premium prices might be a fake, so be very careful when buying through resellers.