OMG, Listen to this!

does anyone have pictures they took themselves of these bluefly bags? i'm curious to see what they look like IRL. Please post pics.

becca, do you still have the bag? maybe you can take some pics of it.

OMG, I want to scream.. I'm speechless (and that doesn't happen very often) These people are absolute scum & are no better than the low lifes on Ebay pawning fake bags! I wonder if Bal NY ever did anything after we contacted them?

Below are pics of the fake Bronze "City" bag I got from them. Me & Mello Yello Jen were the first 2 to get fake bags. Right before they listed the bulk of them that started this all. Notice the slit on the rivit & if you look closely, at the pic of it hanging on the door handle, you can see the bale is square (I'm kicking myself for not getting a close-up of that one) Anyway, I have contacted Bluefly, Balenciaga NY & Ripoffreport.com. The BBB is next!

Attachments

• ac_1.jpg
    ac_1.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 107
  • a1_1.jpg
    a1_1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 98
  • 90_1.jpg
    90_1.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 112
  • 33_1.jpg
    33_1.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 147
  • 8e_1.jpg
    8e_1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 6b_1.jpg
    6b_1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 5b_1.jpg
    5b_1.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 147
theITbag said:
does anyone have pictures they took themselves of these bluefly bags? i'm curious to see what they look like IRL. Please post pics.

becca, do you still have the bag? maybe you can take some pics of it.

Here some of the lovely turquois City: I do still have the bag (now UPS is coming Monday) so if there is something specific you want to see, let me know and I will do my best with my crappy camera.

Attachments

• fake5.JPG
    fake5.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 86
  • fake4.JPG
    fake4.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 106
  • fake2.JPG
    fake2.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 85
  • fake.JPG
    fake.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 113
  • fake1.JPG
    fake1.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 104
Go acegirl & Becca!!!! BTW Becca, pics of the front of the silver tag & all the paper tags, with extra tassels would probably help too (take as many pictures as you can, and maybe take pics of the receipt too for you to keep) -- though those bales alone are a dead giveaway :sick:

good for you nycmom! that is an excellent idea! i still cannot even believe bluefly sodl fakes. i have purchased from bluefly many many times and received authentic items- however this ridiculousness with the fake balenciagas is inexcusable.

This has DEFINITELY left me dumbfounded -- I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt - but no more, no way! Becca - I commend you for really going the extra mile and trying to solve this problem. Unfortunately, it looks like Bluefly will be digging their own grave..... :sigh:

acegirl said:
OMG, I want to scream.. I'm speechless (and that doesn't happen very often) These people are absolute scum & are no better than the low lifes on Ebay pawning fake bags! I wonder if Bal NY ever did anything after we contacted them?

Below are pics of the fake Bronze "City" bag I got from them. Me & Mello Yello Jen were the first 2 to get fake bags. Right before they listed the bulk of them that started this all. Notice the slit on the rivit & if you look closely, at the pic of it hanging on the door handle, you can see the bale is square (I'm kicking myself for not getting a close-up of that one) Anyway, I have contacted Bluefly, Balenciaga NY & Ripoffreport.com. The BBB is next!

Has anyone ever gotten a response from Balenciaga? It seems to me that the real leverage would come from their going after Bluefly to prevent the sale/promotion of these bags as authentic. Bluefly clearly does not seemed concerned when the complaints are coming from our members nor do they appear threatened by our decision to no longer purchase items from them.

See the problem is, Balenciaga does not endorse Bluefly - to them it is just like any moda.com websites selling fake Balenciagas. Although the real difference is, Bluefly is KNOWN and has a REPUTATION for selling authentic merchandise - so it is really awful when they are knowingly/unknowingly selling fakes here and there - because people put THEIR TRUST into Bluefly that they will receive authentic items.

jayge said:
Has anyone ever gotten a response from Balenciaga? It seems to me that the real leverage would come from their going after Bluefly to prevent the sale/promotion of these bags as authentic. Bluefly clearly does not seemed concerned when the complaints are coming from our members nor do they appear threatened by our decision to no longer purchase items from them.

The few of us that contacted Balenciaga got a reply along the lines "Thank you for contacting us, we will investigate this matter".. So who really knows what, if anything, they are going to do.:hrmm:

byMiMi said:
See the problem is, Balenciaga does not endorse Bluefly - to them it is just like any moda.com websites selling fake Balenciagas. Although the real difference is, Bluefly is KNOWN and has a REPUTATION for selling authentic merchandise - so it is really awful when they are knowingly/unknowingly selling fakes here and there - because people put THEIR TRUST into Bluefly that they will receive authentic items.

That is very true. I don't think anyone will get anywhere with Balenciaga, so I think everyone's effort would be better spent going after the actual guilty party: Bluefly.

The reason for this is that Balenciaga wouldn't have actually sold Bluefly any merchandise at all ever - Bluefly supposedly gets their merchandise as overstock from department stores that carry the line such as Neimans, Barneys, etc. So to Balenciaga, Bluefly has ALWAYS been an "unauthorized seller". The real issue is that most people have always assumed that Bluefly received their merchandise from known, authentic sources and now that this has clearly been proven to be untrue, it would be an excellent time to let Bluefly know that the public should be aware that they're now knowingly selling fakes.

Go get em.

If enough people write to the CEO, I feel this will be addressed. They can't ignore it forever. If anyone has a contact in the media, this may be a good time to get some media involved.

Ok, just to be a devil's advocate...I wonder if the bags are parallel bags. They are coming directly from the producers, not Balenciaga which means that there can be differences and not the quality control like there would be if the distribution was going to an authorized boutique. If so, parallel are authentic, original, and legal ( just probably not kosher with Balenciaga), but not the identical quality in some cases. Just wondering since they are sticking to the 'they are authentic' retoric. If their source is the official producer and they can prove this, then they would be authentic, just not the same quality as the boutique bags. Just a thought. Has anyone as them this? Just curious.

If fake, then this is crazy that they would risk their reputation. I have only had good experiences, and have never questioned the authenticity in the past.

to all the people taking action against Bluefly... go hard!!! i totally admire ya!!! and i hope you get some straight up answers on your quest to bring Bluefly down!