Omg, lady in waiting for an unexpected beauty!

lilmonkey

O.G.
Mar 16, 2010
So some of you lovely ladies and gents were helping me decide between a Rouge Casaque B30 in palladium or gold hardware. Then I decided on a gorgeous rouge casaque Kelly 32 in gold hardware. Unfortunately, I agonized over whether to keep it as I thought it was too big for the look I was going for. I ultimately returned it because every time I looked at it, I thought it was too big and my uncertainty was giving me hives. It's just too much money to spend on a bag I didn't 100% love. Also, deep down, I am a Birkin girl and would rather put my funds towards this crazy bag that has made my heart flutter for over 10 years!

I have a gold on gold B35 to stuff everything but the kitchen sink. I would love a red (or black) B30 for a casual day bag. I had hoped for a black B25 with gold hardware for date nights and special occasions to eventually complete my collection but I am tired of the H game and thought such a combo was out of reach. Well, this beauty in pristine condition came on sale through a vetted reseller with a return policy. If I am going to pay store fresh reseller price, I want something s p e c i a l . The sale took $2000 off + tax free state sale so I snapped it up. I'm in disbelief that I pulled the trigger but she looks very special. I hope it is a forever bag!!

She will arrive in 2 weeks and is a...

Pristine 2019 Black Togo Birkin 25 in rose gold hardware! If anyone has a black B25, I would love to hear your thoughts. I absolutely cannot wait to see it!! It would match my rose gold wedding set! Fingers crossed I love her in person! :nuts:

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.40.38 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 2.40.42 AM.png

Last edited:
Congratulations on pulling the trigger! I have the exact same bag and she’s my favorite in my modest collection.

The B25 actually holds quite a lot for such a small bag - at least compared to the K25. I’ve always been a fan of the “stuffed Birkin” look, so I’ve even gone so far as to put scarves and mini umbrellas inside! The only downside is the handle obviously (cannot loop the bag on my elbow like a B30) but it’s only natural the handle is small since the bag is small.

Enjoy your beautiful bag in good health! Do post pics when you receive it!

Congratulations on pulling the trigger! I have the exact same bag and she’s my favorite in my modest collection.

The B25 actually holds quite a lot for such a small bag - at least compared to the K25. I’ve always been a fan of the “stuffed Birkin” look, so I’ve even gone so far as to put scarves and mini umbrellas inside! The only downside is the handle obviously (cannot loop the bag on my elbow like a B30) but it’s only natural the handle is small since the bag is small.

Enjoy your beautiful bag in good health! Do post pics when you receive it!
Thank you for sharing your experience, @Phiona88! I am so excited!! At first I wanted a practical bag that would fit a water bottle, etc. I was even looking at black B35s from 2000 but then all logic went out the window when I saw it and then it was #TREATYOSELF. My justification is that it will be my fancy forever bag. It's also small enough for school drop offs and will make me feel super glam regardless of my actual morning appearance!

Do you think the size and rose gold hardware will stand the test of time?

Please feel free to share pics of your B25 and modeling shots if you are so inclined! Also, your avatar B is an absolute dream!!

Last edited:
Congrats LM!!!!! I think u made the right decision dear!!!
Well, it is the decision I would make... and I did. My latest SO is black chevre B25 RGHW. She's not here yet but my dreams about her are exactly as you described "...date nights...my fancy forever bag..."
You have already tried the K. You felt conflicted. I feel like "when you know, you know"... you tried it and you know you are a Birkin girl and that was the bag you needed. I too struggled with this B/K conflict. Many Ks have come and gone in my collxn bc of this conflict. I don't fight it anymore.
Anyway, I feel very strong preference toward rose gold and I have an etain B rghw, two C24 with rghw, and most of my recently purchased VCA is rghw... so for me, rose gold will stand the test of time. I love it and frankly don't care what others prefer :P

From my experience with my etain B25, the way you describe how you think you will feel carrying this lil beauty is EXACTLY how you will feel. I promise. :flowers: Can't wait to see your new girl!!!

Reactions: lilmonkey
Congrats LM!!!!! I think u made the right decision dear!!!
Well, it is the decision I would make... and I did. My latest SO is black chevre B25 RGHW. She's not here yet but my dreams about her are exactly as you described "...date nights...my fancy forever bag..."
You have already tried the K. You felt conflicted. I feel like "when you know, you know"... you tried it and you know you are a Birkin girl and that was the bag you needed. I too struggled with this B/K conflict. Many Ks have come and gone in my collxn bc of this conflict. I don't fight it anymore.
Anyway, I feel very strong preference toward rose gold and I have an etain B rghw, two C24 with rghw, and most of my recently purchased VCA is rghw... so for me, rose gold will stand the test of time. I love it and frankly don't care what others prefer :P

From my experience with my etain B25, the way you describe how you think you will feel carrying this lil beauty is EXACTLY how you will feel. I promise. :flowers: Can't wait to see your new girl!!!
Thank you, @Israeli_Flava! I have been following your gold on gold journey from the B35 to the B30. I'm honored that we almost have the same bag coming up since you are the H queen! What are your feelings about the B25's handle drop? I am concerned because I've never seen a B25 in person. I've also seen ladies somehow add a strap to their B25s so perhaps that is an option. In any case, your collection is the stuff of dreams and yes, rose gold for the win!!

I have this exact bag. It is a staple in a forever collection. This is the end all be all bag for me. It is the bag that I would take with me if I only had to pick one bag forever. I will admit I am a black bag hag though. I am of the firm belief that every girl should have (at least) one black birkin

You made the right choice. RGHW is the best. Hands down. Most of my jewelry is rose gold. Best decision ever. I personally love the b25 size. The handle drop is small, but I am still able to get it on my forearm for long shopping days.. well when we use to be able to have long shopping days. The size is perfect for me, but I have NEVER been a big bag girl. B35 has never worked for me, even when big bags were “in”

Hope you love this cutie!

Reactions: olibelli