OMG it just hit me the price increase is huge some bags are up 2-3k !

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Holy smokies I just saw the prices of the scarves online now at $375..it hit me like a ton of bricks when was I checked on a Black Box kelly 28cm which is now over 8K and I found out a Birkin is over 10K now with the tax...Yikes!
    Now I am looking at my bags in a new light..wowzers I didn't realize how much it would be to replace them!!! And boy, I am glad I snatched up the last of my small leather goods..before the price increase...yikes...Even my scarves are being looked at as more valuable...to my eyes..perhaps because I realize....I will be buying less H...this year... :crybaby:
    What the heck..why is the increase so much? What is the idea..are they doing it just because they can? Certainly it's not because beef prices are on the rise...(belive me I know this fact) Any thoughts?

2. Docride, the birkin that you mentioned, was that for a 35cm?

3. ^I sure hope it was for a 35 and not a 30!:cry:

4. It better be!!! I just saw in another thread the cost of a 32cm croc kelly was 26k now.....that's a serious increase....and I mean SERIOUS increase.

5. At this rate, I will probably have to wait until I am 30 to get my grail!:hysteric:

6. Yup, that was the price of a 35cm Birkin..but the 30cm isn't going tobe that much less...sheesh! This is a serious increase...before this money could have gotten you a Birkin and something H to put inside it too! Dang!

7. No kidding and about 30k for a Croc Birkin...now....

8. It's ok, that's what I did. :tup: But then my grail(s) multiplied.:sweatdrop:

9. Sigh :sad:

10. Is it only 8% or does the increase vary? Sighs... H is out to suck me dry! Boohoo....

11. I definitely think the price increases are because they can! And sucker that I am, I keep falling for them!:Push:

12. This is what I posted when the whole price increase discussion first came up, my SA said to budget £5,000 for a 35 Birkin that comes in next year when the same bag was just over £4,000 in the first half of this year.....

13. i dont know about USA, but in Australia, 10K (AUD)of a birkin is ....normal...

in here, birkin with exotic leather sometimes is up to 20K or more.

and normal even 25cm birkin is around $10 000 , so USA is still prety lucky ~

NOte: $1 USD = $1.20 AUD

14. ^^^^Saving harder now!!!!!:sweatdrop:

15. This is true in Asia as well. A regular skin 28cm Kelly has hit S$10,000.

US$1 = S$1.4 (yes, the US$ dollar has strengthened very recently)