OMG...I'm finally getting my first Spy!!!

daisyfay13

O.G.
Feb 21, 2007
Well ladies, it has finally happened. I am getting my first spy! Here it is, well the listing for it at least!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110137895041&ssPageName=STRK:HPWA:US

After months of losing auctions and not really "getting" how e-bay worked, I bid on the above auction...I was lucky because I could be online for the final bidding frenzy (I lost out on one Sunday morning cause I couldn't stay up or get up for the approx 5AM ending), so I bid my max...was the high bidder at the end, and to my horror, I didnt meet the reserve price. I was upset about it, but I had been emailing the seller back and forth regarding authenticity, bidding (as I hadn't to date won an auction on e-bay, etc)...

I don't know why, but they sold me the bag for the ending auction price (just a tad lower than my max bid) through a second chance offer!!! I don't know if this is common practice, or maybe my bid was close to the reserve price, but I just finished paying for it and soon it will be mine!!

I am so thrilled right now! So, Spy experts and those of you more familiar with ebay, what do you think of this bag, and is it normal to get a second chance offer?? My heart is racing right now...

DF -- Congrats! Looks like a gorgeous bag & the few minor scuffs they point out looked like they would be easy fixes.

On Second Chance offers...yes it is not unusual...Ebay makes it easy for sellers to sell by Second chance & does not charge a "relist" fee, so it is to the sellers advantage to use it. Some of my favorite bags were second chance offers...

But a word to the wise, make sure the 2nd chance offer is legit & makes sense. One time a seller offered me a 2nd chance deal only a few hours after it sold, & I was the 3rd highest bidder, so I had to question it...:confused1:

Congrats! :yahoo:

Wow...that doesnt make sense to get an offer as the 3rd highest...why not go to one then two?
What happened was after the auction ended, I emailed the seller thru ebay and said thanks for all of the great customer support over the past week, sorry I couldnt bid more, I know I didnt meet the reserve, and so on, and maybe ten minutes later they messaged me back saying that they would accept my bid if I still wanted to buy it, and then about 5 minutes later I got the second chance email from ebay!

The only thing thats bothering me now is that there is no mention of the authenticity card being included. I have their business phone number saved in an ebay message. I think I should call or write to ask if i have it. what do you think?

Daisy, if you have already accepted the second chance offer, I think all you can really do is say "please make sure you send the authenticity card as well, if available". Though I don't really worry about authenticity on this one, but the card is nice to have. You shouldn't make it into an issue, IMHO, once you've won the auction.

And congrats!

Thanks Lit. I think I'll mention it, and ask them to include the card if they have it, but as you said its not something I should really worry about at this point. I am thrilled about the bag, and you and BagLady have given it the official seal of approval and authenticity, so I'm not really worried. I just wanted to have it :yahoo:

Today's the day! I've been not-so-patiently waiting for the delivery guy. My mom was going to call me as soon as she signed for the package, and I've been to the UPS tracking website about 25 times since I got to work this morning!