Omg! I'm Being Harassed By An Ebayer Over A Word

sabrinahchan

Nov 21, 2006
So this morning, I checked my emails and some lunatic emails me ranting on about my use of the word "vintage" in my listing. The item i'm selling is an invitation design that's based on a vintage look. So since I name my designs, that one is called Vintage Chic. She emails me blammering on and on about how my item isn't really vintage and since that's one of her favorite searches so keeps getting emails with my item and that I have to change my description purely based on the fact that it is new and NOT vintage. I email her back saying that she has way too much time on her hands to be harrassing sellers and that the name references the design name and is NOT a descriptor. So she proceeds to email me back saying that I'm a B$#@% and that she's going to report my listing. I'm so fed up with these nasty people that have way too much time on their hands. I just wanted to vent and share my Nasty busy-body ebayer story.

That is flat out CRAZY, I mean, if this woman is constantly searching "vintage" on eBay she's got to be coming up with tens of thousands of hits per search. And she's mad at YOU? That is beyond stupid, seriously. Vintage is just an adjective, it's applied to old things and new things that look old, this woman needs to get over herself.

I couldn't help it. I took the low road and told her that the pot was calling the kettle black and that she was a huge loser for getting so psycho over the use of a word...

I'm agreeing and saying more of the same -- report HER to eBay for harrassment, and block her emails. You're right, some people have too much time on their hands!

It's a word, therefore she can't report you for using it as a description - you aren't claiming to sell a vintage item, so what does it matter to her?
Maybe you reported her about a fake bag & it's her payback :roflmfao: at least she seems to think so...

It's a word, therefore she can't report you for using it as a description - you aren't claiming to sell a vintage item, so what does it matter to her?
Maybe you reported her about a fake bag & it's her payback :roflmfao: at least she seems to think so...

Nope. I don't report people. Plus she doesn't sell things. She's just a loser that has nothing better to do.

Report this complete psycho for harrassment.

All I imagine when you described what this nut did, is a woman in her late 40's, in a basement, with old deformed dolls and cracked collectibles, dusty old "_____ for dummies" books and a old plastic-book-covered collection of garbage pail kids cards. She's eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a giant yellow bow in her hair, snarling at your auctions and pounding the keys, muttering incoherant words to herself. Oh, and she also has a severe lazy-eye.

All I imagine when you described what this nut did, is a woman in her late 40's, in a basement, with old deformed dolls and cracked collectibles, dusty old "_____ for dummies" books and a old plastic-book-covered collection of garbage pail kids cards. She's eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a giant yellow bow in her hair, snarling at your auctions and pounding the keys, muttering incoherant words to herself. Oh, and she also has a severe lazy-eye.

Uhh. . . . .are we going a little over the edge here?

Oh my gosh, that is just too funny! That just made my day! :roflmfao: