OMG; I need an intervention.

I actually laughed reading "OMG; I need an intervention." Not a day goes by when I think that!! Luckily (or unluckily), I've mastered the art of justifying all my purchases somehow in my head. So I'm probably the last person that could help stop you from shopping even more! It sounds like you got some fantastic deals though, good job!

Becca dont feel so down..:amuse: just try sticking around your best friend more often! :biggrin: And dont regret buying a nice thing ever..;)
i am sorry that i cant relate to what you feel.. i am still waiting for a coach bag i payed half its price a week ago :wacko: ! So basiclly all my waiting just made me loose intrest in planning for another bag soon! :cry:
BTW i am against returning stuff you already choosen and liked specially from the price list they appeared as great deals! BUT i am with the concept of "Those recent purchases should hold ur hourses for a while!!"!! ;)

clinkenwar said:
I feel your pain Becca,
We're a mostly one income family ( I sub)..and we don't make much (we're military)..and since January I bought the LV Saumur,LV Speedy 30, and the Framboise Cles...I really want the MC koala..but I really can't justify spending more money..it's only FEBRUARY!!!..Maybe you and I can go on a bag fast together..sort of like lent but for non-catholics..unless you're catholic then it really will be like lent for you:idea:

Brcca and clikenwar,
I too feel your pain. I am a nurse and my husband in the military. well with two children and bills to the ..........well we all know. Just bought two bags yesterday, my third will arrive in may and am abput to buy my fourth.
I normally do not buy anything for myself. If you are as I, you probably always put your family first and never think of yourself. Have always sacrified those Blahnik or Prada shoes and so on for special things for the family.
I have come to the conclusion that we must treat ourselves every once in a while just as long as we are not neglecting our families especially our children because they are naive and can't help themselves.
If your immediate needs are being met, then enjoy and just limit your spending. Space them out...it will feel better.

I hope this helps.

Becca - Although you deserve lovely things, I think you have to "just say no". There will be other things you can get in the future. Just live vicariously through other people here on the forum.

It's tempting to play the role of enabler and soothe your fears that you may have a problem. Tempting because that's part of the game if you have a problem- find others that are worse off and make yourself feel better. The next poster may say something to the effect that "at least you don't drink or do drugs".... spending can be a drug of choice.
I did it myself last month- got carried away and medicated myself with 4 bags. My self prescribed treatment was this: sat myself down and made myself choose the one bag that I really wanted for this season- because I had got caught up in everyone else's excitement over their new bags and bought ones that weren't really my taste. So I returned two, resold one on Ebay(to a forum member Yay) and the fourth I am stuck with but will use as an work bag. I then had enough money to order the one I really wanted and leftover to pay down the credit card and soothe my family guilt. My advice to myself and to you after you get over your own hump is to hold off on the purchase of any new bag for at least three weeks while you cool your heels a bit. It's surprizing how different those "gotta have" bags look after a month. Stay off of Ebay and don't enlarge the thumbnails on this forum.
Good luck!

Bagpuss said:
It's tempting to play the role of enabler and soothe your fears that you may have a problem. Tempting because that's part of the game if you have a problem- find others that are worse off and make yourself feel better. The next poster may say something to the effect that "at least you don't drink or do drugs".... spending can be a drug of choice.
I did it myself last month- got carried away and medicated myself with 4 bags. My self prescribed treatment was this: sat myself down and made myself choose the one bag that I really wanted for this season- because I had got caught up in everyone else's excitement over their new bags and bought ones that weren't really my taste. So I returned two, resold one on Ebay(to a forum member Yay) and the fourth I am stuck with but will use as an work bag. I then had enough money to order the one I really wanted and leftover to pay down the credit card and soothe my family guilt. My advice to myself and to you after you get over your own hump is to hold off on the purchase of any new bag for at least three weeks while you cool your heels a bit. It's surprizing how different those "gotta have" bags look after a month. Stay off of Ebay and don't enlarge the thumbnails on this forum.
Good luck!

Awesome post!

Bagpuss said:
Stay off of Ebay and don't enlarge the thumbnails on this forum.

so freaking true!
also, you might try finding something else to hog your time, like walking your dog in the park or something. when I realize that I've been spending too much, videogames usually calm me down and keep me occupied during times that I otherwise would have been shopping IRL or online.

I completely can relate to what you are going through too! I sort of went off the deep-end with purse buying (I am hoping that I am slowly coming out of that madness for the time being).

Anyways, in a very short span of time (2 weeks), I somehow managed to buy 2 B-bags, 2 Paddies, 1 Spy, 1 Kooba and 1 LV. Though I hated to do that, the reality of the enormous credit card bill came in. I ended up returning the LV, 1 of the Paddies that I wasn't too crazy about but thought about keeping anyways (need a mental check) and the 1 kooba because I didn't like it.

If you haven't used the bag, I would seriously condone returning it. There's nothing worse than buyer's remorse and then continuing to pay for something you just don't really want. You work so hard to make ends meet. Is it really worth the marital strife to have the bag?

The good side is that you got a great deal on them. So if you can hold yourself off from buying more bags, I would keep them. If you don't think so (like myself so very much so!!!), I would return one or more of them.

Wow... this turned out to be a lot longer than expected. Either way, good luck!!! (I am now saving for my next bag!) ;)

Cristina said:
I think that should be enough to hold you over for a while ;) Just think about how much you want to enjoy each bag you bought, instead of focusing on your next purchase. That's helped me some with controlling my spending. I'll think "Jeez, I just bought this Balenciaga, and I'm already looking at (insert bag here). I haven't even had the chance to carry the Balenciaga for that long." That usually works :biggrin:

That is a really good idea!

wickedassin said:
Good call--savoring each purchase is a great idea. We kinda get caught up on the hunt, get it and then NOT enjoy the new purchase--we just want the next thing.

Great pieces of advice. And it's so easy to get swept up in the excitement! I am challenging myself to really only buy a bag if it truly "speaks" to me and let myself get to know it before even considering leaving it for another. (Does that sound like relationship or what?!)

Guilt will ruin everything, if you're feeling THAT way, return one or two items (just for now) - If everyone tells you not to worry, you will continue to buy. - this blog doesn't help either - I am constantly enchanted by photos of new bags I want to buy, but absolutely do not need!!.

Suzy, you are so right! I would have been happily ignorant of a lot of the bags had it not been forums like this! Next thing I know, I want this bag and that... and as soon as I buy one bag, I'm lusting after another one.

I am hoping that I'll be sated here for atleast until Fall06... but a part of me thinks FAT CHANCE! :shame:

Becca - aren't we all in the same boat. I am like constantly in a 'bag dilemma', it is an illness. And....this blog is an ENABLER y'all. Thats what I like about this place !!! :lol: :nuts:

I needed an intervention too and believe it or not, my SA intervened!! I was picking up a special order bag when I saw the new Balenciaga's and she told me no :evil: ...I have enough and should enjoy them for awhile!

I find it hard now that I entered the Designer world..."limited edition", "rare new color", "pre-order". It was easier when I was just strolling the regular department stores which carried massively produced bags season after season - only bought what I NEEDED.