OMG, I just got a letter from Hermes Paris!! (very longgg)

luvpurse

H fever!!!
O.G.
Jun 3, 2006
I'm holding the letter in my hand and I'm still wondering if I got prank!

I would like to share my story though I don't have a bag... I'm sorry in advance for my English.

I went to France in July'08 spending the first four days in Paris, a week in west of France and the last five days again in Paris.

The first day I arrived (Monday), my hubby and I went straight to FSH. There were tons of people there. I went in, looked around and was approached by a few SAs asking if I need help. Because I wanted to make sure I picked the right SA, I declined their offers and sort of walked around and observed. After 30 mins, I approached one SA who seems very helpful to others. I asked if they had any Birkin. The SA right away checked the computer and let me know that there was none but just one HAC in 28cm. I asked to try this beautiful chocolate box. However, I had my heart set for what I would love to get. So I declined the bag. The SA told me to come back tomorrow.

That afternoon, I went to George V as well. One SA approached me and I thought he was pretty kind and should be able to help me. However, after I went there a few times and every time I asked him about Birkin, he had to go ask another SA. That SA never bother to look at the computer. He simply looked at me and said no. Oh well, I love Hermes but I don't think I have to torlerate the mean SA. I believe that if the bag meant to be mine, it will be mine. After visiting George V a few time, I stop returning to that store again.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th days, I went to FSH twice each day and never saw any birkin. :crybaby:But I made friends with several SAs there as they are all so so nice. Friday, I went in again before living for Orlean. At 11am, I got to see Chocolate Togo birkin 30cm. :drool: The color is so close to the color I'm looking for but I already have Gold color and the SA said that Chocolate is quite easy to come by. So I hold off my purchase.

During visiting west of France, I visited 3 stores in Tours, Rennes and Rouen. I saw birkin in every store, etoupe/Toile, Gold, Black but not my grail color... Every SA said the color I want is so hard to come by. Oh well, I didn't give up and settle for other bags.

Back to Paris again, went there Friday, no birkin.... My SA told me to come back on Saturday. She actually said that sometime they get delivery on Saturday as well. None on Saturday for me though. I told my SA I had my only last chance on Tuesday as the store would be closed on Sunday and Monday (Bastil day). I had to fly back on Wed.

Tuesday, I woke up early and got to the store at 10.40am. My SA was surprised to see me as she told me "we never have delivery in the morning"!! Ahha, I learn something... She told me to come back at 2pm. While I was there in the morning, every customer came in asking for birkin. Every SA told them to come back in the afternoon. I was thinking "wow, I need to come back early to beat the crowd" hahaha....

I came back at 1.45pm... Oh no! My SA was helping another customer with Gold birkin... My heart was beating so fast. However, she came to me and told me that the Gold birkin is the only birkin they got. My heart sank.

She told me to wait for her and she would see what she could do. She came back then told me "since you are here everyday with your smile and patient, I'm going to place the order for you" OMG OMG OMG.... She brought out the paperwork, check the computer and look at some files. Then she said "I will try to help you. Don't worry." She told me that so many people come in demanding the bag and get very angry and frustrated after a few tries and yell at the SA. She said normally she didn't care putting in the order but she would do it for me. I felt so grateful and fortunate.

Well, I have hope but didn't want to share this story as yet as I want to make sure what I have hoped to true.... My hubby gave me the letter from Hermes this evening with the smile on his face. I open the letter and it reads "Your birkin 30cm Togo in Purple is ready for you" OMG, my Raisin Birkin is readyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

One thing that I learn from this experience is that SAs hold wealth of information. It's a matter of them wanting to share or not. Be friendly, be respectful and always smile and with a bit of luck, I believe you will get the bag that you want (maybe not super super VIP bags but you know what I mean :smile: ).

I plan to pick up my bag in Oct in Paris. So I'm sorry I don't have the bag to do the reveal... I'm so sorry for writing such a long post and I'm sorry for my spelling and grammar.

Thank you everyone.... :heart::heart::heart:

Thank you so much, hello2703, FrankieP and Liberté....

Man! I didn't realize I wrote the post this long. Extremely sorry... I hope I don't bore you guys with this... :Push:

What an exciting story luvpurse :nuts: and what a happy ending :yahoo:I'm so glad you'll get your dream bag soon :heart: !!
I'll visit Paris on Friday and Saturday this week (the first time after 30 years :rolleyes:) - I'll not have the chance to visit H so often BUT I'll try to consider your experiences ;) (fingers crossed!), thank you for sharing it !!

What an exciting story luvpurse :nuts: and what a happy ending :yahoo:I'm so glad you'll get your dream bag soon :heart: !!
I'll visit Paris on Friday and Saturday this week (the first time after 30 years :rolleyes:) - I'll not have the chance to visit H so often BUT I'll try to consider your experiences ;) (fingers crossed!), thank you for sharing it !!

GOOD LUCK, FIRSTCLASS!!! All the SA there are super super nice... They serve one customer at a time though patience is very important... :P