OMG I just almost chopped my finger off !

Mrs. MC

Dec 4, 2007
so while my 3 yo was whining on the way home from Bonkers, I suggested to my husband that we get some wine and beer because he wanted to watch the Bruins Canadians game and I wanted to go on TPF so we were drinking wine and beer and I asked him to cut some cheese and crackers for me and then I wanted more so I went and got the sharp knife that he just sharpened and it was dark and I was a little buzzed and I accidentally cut my finger like a chop ! It was bleeding profusely and could have used a stitch or two but I patched it up nicely after stopping the bleeding and now I'm back, whoo hoooo !

Also may I add that it is a huge chunk where my cuticle meets my nail on my thumb and then like a big "v" Dh is so freaked out right now ! Sorry to be so gross, he doesn't want to hear about it but he did go and get me the FA kit out of the car ! It is going to hurt so bad tomorrow, yikes !

I was so scared that I would have to go to the ER. The kids were sleeping and I was a little buzzed because I never drink anymore. I just felt like tonight could be a night that we could unwind a bit. Thanks everyone I think I will be ok. It was a clean cut so I have lots of bandages covering and I will look at it in the morning and re-evaluate the situation, it was so scary, my 3 yo woke up and was like oh my that is blood are you ok ? My 1yo girl the hellion woke up and laughed at me and went back to sleep !

Oh Man!!!! You are lucky...well there goes an idea for a snack..I'm drinking beer now too....I'll get some skittles lol!!...yeah that's going tohurt tomorrow..just keep it packed w/ neosporin and keep it clean....you are lucky!! Thank God it wasn't too much of a disaster!!!

Oh Man!!!! You are lucky...well there goes an idea for a snack..I'm drinking beer now too....I'll get some skittles lol!!...yeah that's going tohurt tomorrow..just keep it packed w/ neosporin and keep it clean....you are lucky!! Thank God it wasn't too much of a disaster!!!
you are right I am SOOOOOOOOO lucky it could have been much worse. It was cracker barrel cheese the kind with the black label. So the knife I was using was sharp,not cerated and slipped off it. It could have slipped and litteraly cut my finger off. DH just sharpened it ! I am so scared thinking about how much worse it could have been ! Skittles sound so safe right now !

lol ! I told DH about your post and he said "well as long as she doesn't try to cut them in half (skittles) " lol !