OMG! I I unknowingly sold a FAKE

pidgeon92 said:
I think your buyer is a nut. The hardware is square from the outside of the handles, and has the rounded piece on the inside of one side of each handle on the inside for a long strap. More likely she's just ignorant, not a crook.

TOTALLY agree!!!

devoted7 said:
I received an email from they buyer & she seems very upset that I'm doubting from the picture.

I told her that Carol Ives from MyPouppette confirmed that it is real. Here is her reply:
"Goodness, I truly cannot see what she missed......in a naked eye, one can see the different metals on the hand bag. I have NOT changed it out...I do not own nor every owned a Triana bag. The exact same box was sent and the exact same contents were sent to you today.
She is NOT an LV store clerk...bring it to an LV store and they will tell you."

I will attach the picture again of my purse with the two different metal parts that hold up the handles. I know that some of the newer Triana have the rounded metal hardware, but I thought the older ones have the different hardware. She also told me that 2 of MyPouppettes sellers are selling fake Trianas because of the different hardware on the handles. Does anyone have a Triana to compare?

Thanks.

Devoted7

I think that she is speaking about the two different latches, compare the left and the right one, that's the only thing I could see she is concerned about.

That would make us both ignorant, I am not too familiar with this particular bag, and to me the hooks appear different, but from reading through the post I can see this is not the case.

devoted7 said:
Sometime awhile back, I also notice in eluxury.com & on the LV site that the handles were both square. I didn't question Carol or the previous buyer, because I thought it was a different model. I will attach a picture of the bag with 2 square metal hardware from the official LV site. The second picture is my bag. Can you see the difference?

According to your date code (SL1021), this bag was manufactured on December, 2001 in France. I know that LV modifies their purses slightly through the years. The 2 pictures you are comparing are NOT the same. The current picture (the one on the left) is a bag that was probably manufactured in 2005 or 2006. The purse you sold her (pic on the right), was a 2001 model....so it's been 4 or 5 years.

The metal parts definitely look different. I think the rounded metal piece from the older model is the hardware you would use if you attached the optional shoulder strap to it. I'm thinking they modified this style and got rid of the rounded hardware in the later models. The only way you'll know for sure is to talk to a LV Boutique manager who has been working at the store since 2001 and is knowledgeable about modifications that may have been done to these bags through the years. Also, as I stated in an earlier post, the Made in USA models may be slightly different than Made in France ones.

If you want good information, the LV Boutique in Hawaii is very knowledgeable. They are one of the few boutiques who sell primarily Made in France purses. The stores on the mainland sell Made in USA merchandise.

pidgeon92 said:
I think your buyer is a nut. The hardware is square from the outside of the handles, and has the rounded piece on the inside of one side of each handle on the inside for a long strap. More likely she's just ignorant, not a crook.
I just thought that too.

THIS is an authentic bag
42408-omg-i-i-unknowingly-sold-a-fake-lv2.jpg

And so is yours, but if you turn the handles DOWN then the hardware is rounded on one side to allow for the strap
42403-omg-i-i-unknowingly-sold-a-fake-lv.jpg

The same goes for the Alma.
When the handles are UP, the hardware is square, but on each side, one piece is rounded on top for the strap.

I'm starting to think this girl never even TOOK the bag in to get looked at. She just compared the (authentic) bag you sent to a stock picture and started going mental because she doesn't realize that their SUPPOSED to be like that?

Or as someone mentioned, it could be a matter of that bag being modified over the years.
As in the case of the Vernis Lexingtons.
The originals were made with the wriststrap that attached to the zipper, whereas the newer ones attach to the bag with longer straps...

i might have an answer with the modifications over the years. i dugged out my old LV catalogues. i have taken photos of the bag from my current and old catalogues. notice that the 99 model doesn't have optional strap but 2004 triana have optional strap? and i looked at my 2001 catalogue, the triana does have optional strap as well. so i take it that before 2001, the buckle was square and after it was modified. i am not sure if my findings will be of any help. :smile: please ignore my pencil writings.

Attachments

• DSC04057 copy.jpg
    DSC04057 copy.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 143
  • DSC04056 copy.jpg
    DSC04056 copy.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 146
I am not sure I would refund this girl's money, unless Paypal has you forced into the situation. Get out now and save yourself. www.toolhaus.org is always a good background check for ebay user id's. This buyer sounds like a scam queen!

Click on the feedback history on the buyer, did you see that he/she just purchase a FAKE louis vuitton wallet on 7/8/06 ? I think the buyer is trying to get a free bag from you. She might switch a fake bag to you later on...:rant:

I agree...be very careful. Looks like she is trying something suspicious. I had a buyer saying that my bag was fake once. She even said that she took it to LV store and they confirmed it but then when I asked which LV store and the name of the person that said that because I have an original receipt of the bag and took many pics, she changed her story and said it's all good and authentic....there are a lot of dodgy buyers out there so be careful. How did she pay you?

poutine said:
i might have an answer with the modifications over the years. i dugged out my old LV catalogues. i have taken photos of the bag from my current and old catalogues. notice that the 99 model doesn't have optional strap but 2004 triana have optional strap? and i looked at my 2001 catalogue, the triana does have optional strap as well. so i take it that before 2001, the buckle was square and after it was modified. i am not sure if my findings will be of any help. :smile: please ignore my pencil writings.

poutine,
Thank you for scanning the pictures. What you & the others said about the optional straps made perfect sence. When the buyer sent me the first email yestarday, she had already mailed the bag back. I can't believe that she would mail the bag before discussing the problem with me (eventhough I stressed to her that no returns/refunds unless it was FAKE). She just assume it was fake.... I'm starting to think that she did not take it to the LV store. She ignored my questions & did not give me the sales rep. number.

This is a nightmare & I just want it to end, so I'm giving her the refund (minus shipping after making sure it is the actual bag) just to get rid of her.

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like the Triana style. Maybe I'll wear it for awhile:wlae: , hehehe. Thanks everyone for your help & concern. You're the bestest!

devoted7,I realize you want this problem to be over but you do have the right to refuse the package.
I think buyers remorse bit her in the butt and now she's got you jumping through hoops.
It's a shame you are dealing with this crap.