OMG! I I unknowingly sold a FAKE

Good luck with all this.
I can't see how there could be so many varying opinions on the authenticity of the bag so I would definately get her contact from the LV she says she took it to.

It could very well be a scam on her part so don't feel any guilt yet that you did anything wrong.
For all you know the bag is totally authentic.

Good luck.

Hi, I'm probably not a lot of help because I haven't been in your situation, but I wanted to offer my sincerest hopes that everything works out okay.

I usually use a mark pen that glows in blacklight on my high end bags in the inside area and if I had a return I would look for that particular marking. I like the idea of the security tape too, I remember Sarah, a seller on ebay uses that.

Japster said:
Hi, I'm probably not a lot of help because I haven't been in your situation, but I wanted to offer my sincerest hopes that everything works out okay.

I usually use a mark pen that glows in blacklight on my high end bags in the inside area and if I had a return I would look for that particular marking. I like the idea of the security tape too, I remember Sarah, a seller on ebay uses that.

excellant tip. i haven't had any problems yet with selling high end designer items on ebay- but this thread has definetly influenced me to start using a markng system.

I wish you the best with this situation, and hope you haven't been a victim of bait and switch!

I received an email from they buyer & she seems very upset that I'm doubting from the picture.

I told her that Carol Ives from MyPouppette confirmed that it is real. Here is her reply:
"Goodness, I truly cannot see what she missed......in a naked eye, one can see the different metals on the hand bag. I have NOT changed it out...I do not own nor every owned a Triana bag. The exact same box was sent and the exact same contents were sent to you today.
She is NOT an LV store clerk...bring it to an LV store and they will tell you."

I will attach the picture again of my purse with the two different metal parts that hold up the handles. I know that some of the newer Triana have the rounded metal hardware, but I thought the older ones have the different hardware. She also told me that 2 of MyPouppettes sellers are selling fake Trianas because of the different hardware on the handles. Does anyone have a Triana to compare?

Thanks.

Devoted7

Attachments

• lv.jpg
    lv.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 418
I don't think its buyer's remorse. I'm not giving her that much credit. I think she's trying to pull a bait and switch move. Don't let her bully/intimidate you. If you had two people verify the authenticity of the bag, then you have nothing to worry about.

Sometime awhile back, I also notice in eluxury.com & on the LV site that the handles were both square. I didn't question Carol or the previous buyer, because I thought it was a different model. I will attach a picture of the bag with 2 square metal hardware from the official LV site. The second picture is my bag. Can you see the difference?

I'm in a nervous wreck not knowing if this is authentic. What do you think? I don't know what I will do without all your help & encouragement. I appreciate it.

Attachments

• lv2.jpg
    lv2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 423
  • lv.jpg
    lv.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 175
devoted7 said:
I received an email from they buyer & she seems very upset that I'm doubting from the picture.

I told her that Carol Ives from MyPouppette confirmed that it is real. Here is her reply:
"Goodness, I truly cannot see what she missed......in a naked eye, one can see the different metals on the hand bag. I have NOT changed it out...I do not own nor every owned a Triana bag. The exact same box was sent and the exact same contents were sent to you today.
She is NOT an LV store clerk...bring it to an LV store and they will tell you."

I will attach the picture again of my purse with the two different metal parts that hold up the handles. I know that some of the newer Triana have the rounded metal hardware, but I thought the older ones have the different hardware. She also told me that 2 of MyPouppettes sellers are selling fake Trianas because of the different hardware on the handles. Does anyone have a Triana to compare?

Thanks.

Devoted7

I am so sorry you have to deal with this hassle but I think your winner is mistaken. I don't think Carol, the LV SA you went to and now two other MPRS sellers are all selling fake bags. It is all their jobs to know real LV bags. Maybe ask her to go speak with her LV store's manager to have it authenticated? Or can you offer to pay for the winner to send pics to an online authenticating place?

Jazz said:
Did you tell her that you also had it authenticated by a SA???

Hi Jazz. Good to hear from you again:smile:
I mentioned it to her twice, but she did not say anything about it. I also asked her for Sales Rep. phone number from LV store so I can call them, but she ignored by question. I'm thinking she just wants her money back & is confused (like myself, ehehe).

Currently I'm at my office working (suppose to be), but with this incident, I haven't been working much:Push: . Most of the time, I'm on the purseforum, hehehe.

Hi devotet7,

It would'nt be the first time that a sales girl (exspecially the very young sales girls) from an LV store has told an authentic bag a fake.
And on the other hand it has happend that fakes were told authentic at a Louis Vuitton store.

So it could be possible that the employee of the store your customer visited has to less experience.

I think one must surch a employee in a store who is still there since some years or go directly to a store manager.

But it also could be possible that your customer did'nt tell the truth and never visited a LV store with your bag.
Maybe she has also changed her mind and wants her money back because she uses it for other things.

What will you do if you will get back relly "your" bag?
Will you refund although the bag is authentic ?

The problem with such buyers is that they could ruin the feedback of a seller.

In any case you have my full sympathy, you are in a very displeasing situation for you :sad:

Sorry to hear this.:sad: I just read your auction and you did said all sales are final unless misrepresented.Now do you still have the email from Carol saying it's real? I'll doubt is fake since Carol confirmed it along with the SA as well. More like buyers remorse.

OK if you still have the email from Carol, I'll ask customer service at Ebay what to do as you've stated all sales are final (it is a contract) and you've the prove of authenticity of your bag. Do hope everything turns out all right.:flowers: