OMG! I got the dreaded letter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whome109

Nov 2, 2007
I can't believe I got one when I don't even shop there that often!
I go in there once every season for myself when I get bored & cruise the outlet -- usally at max I only buy 5 items like 1 bag and small accessories to match but sometimes when I see good deals on keychains and small wallet I do buy a few to stock up for holidays/b-day/thank you gifts etc.
Occassionally I do purchase repeats of the same item, if my sisters or my mom likes it, but by no means do I buy like those resellers-- I've seen those resellers before and trust me I dont' even come close to their ability!

So I got the letter accusing me of being a reseller & due to my large purchase history! are they freakin' kidding me??
b/c I see the value in their product I get flagged as a person that should never shop with them again????

For all I can recall, I've only had like handful of large purchases with Coach.

The most recent was when my mom was visiting me -- she wanted to take things when she go visit relatives & friends so I thought I was being nice by paying for it. During those weeks, I bought like 3 handbags for myself & with 2 dublicated style because my mom wanted it too. All the other ones that we had alot and dublicates were of small accessories, like those small key wallets, key chain, and cosmetic bags b/c they were light and small for her to pack in her suit case-- so during the 3 wks she stayed with me, we went like at least once a week.
b/c she always think of new people to buy for or as 'back up' in case she forget someone or we'll go in to return/exchange it when she changes her mind, but I'm always within Coach's limit.

I even talked her out of many other things she wanted to buy! I mean honestly, for prices less than $20 who wouldn't get it? its great gifts! without spending alot!

Then the only other time I would make big purchases is during the holiday seasons & our annually family gathering. I have a large family & extended family not to mention friends, so I buy alot of the small accessories for the little ones and bags for the elders but never in duplicates, everyone always get something different from one another --I go there year after year b/c I think the Coach outlet has the most 'economical' finds for the women in my life-- bc I sure am not buying everyone an european designer bag, thats only for me :P

There were also a few occassions when my relatives flew in & they were buying in bulk & they reached their 'limit' and since I was an extra body there, I had made the purchase for them. (Why wouldn't I? its not like they fly to the States every month & I know its a lot cheaper for them to get it here) & not like I buy from Coach every day that I would think those purchases would effect me.

Honestly, Does that really target me as a reseller?
I mean minus the most recent purchases with my mom back-to-back like I said I personally only stop in once every season to buy my everyday-can-be-abused bags.

Shouldn't they at least give me a warning? maybe then I know I shouldn't help others buy their Coach items? nor buy anything other than for myself period. A warning like " WE CONDONE BUYERS WHO WANTS TO BUY OUR ITEMS AS GIFT TO HELP US SPREAD THE COACH NAME & PRODUCT --PLEASE ONLY BUY FOR YOURSELF BECAUSE WE BELIEVE KEEPING OUR BRAND A SECRET WOULD HELP US PROFIT MORE"
They have no idea, how many people I have turned to buy Coach b/c they got a gift from me!

Then Chanel/Prada/YSL should ban me from ever buying from them too! When I like something, I usually buy one of each color of the same style -- or the same thing in dublicate just bc its a different hardware color...and yes, I do buy for my mom and sisters too. just not other relatives...so shouldn't those 'premier' designers flag me too?
They don't instead, I'm always on their VIP for everything and with all my sales people..
so is it just me to think Coach is a bit ridiculous & a bit backward in their customer service?
Shouldn't they be thanking me for choosing them?

Beside my long vent-- here is the Q

Would calling their 'loss prevention' to explain make a difference?

b/c If I can't buy cheap gift items from them -- holiday shopping for the women in my life would be painfully expensive due to the large # of females in the family.

Last edited:
Watching this thread with interest. Sorry OP it sucks but it has happened to others before. I know there are a few threads on the board about others experiences with the letter as well.

Yup, my question was going to be about your return history. I going on purchasing sprees from Coach and I haven't ever received a letter. My sister buys a TON from Coach every time there's something new and has never received a letter. I would certainly give them a call, it can't hurt.

That's not fair at all! I'd contact customer service or contact the department that sent you the letter. Or even go into the outlet you normally shop at and ask to speak with a manager. Good luck!

Wow, just wow.

People are always saying "you're paranoid" or "you're looking for issues"....but that letter does exist, and it does effect people. And, of course, I'm sorry you're in this position.

I would call Coach, speak with loss prevention and see what they say...

Did you do a lot of returning or just purchasing?

I personally don't do alot of returns -- if I get it I'll use it, even if I don't use it, its stored in my closet and recycled out as gifts -- and of course if I get it for my sisters and mom, they don't return it either b/c I see them using it...

The most return/exchange was when my mom was here bc she kept changing her mind but other than that very rarely would I return.

but I don't know about the gift items if any of them takes it in to get exchanged, but that shouldn't effect me right?

OP, can you give us an idea of how many bags, wallets, wristlets, keychains, etc. you have purchased in the past year? Just a ballpark figure... no need to add up exact numbers from receipts or anything. Just in sheer numbers, how many? Because a lot of people want to know what number/pattern you have to hit before you get the "dreaded letter," and maybe you can clue us in?

Some people think they will get the letter because they buy three bags and return two of them...

Yup, my question was going to be about your return history. I going on purchasing sprees from Coach and I haven't ever received a letter. My sister buys a TON from Coach every time there's something new and has never received a letter. I would certainly give them a call, it can't hurt.

I don't do much returns at all! I hate doing returns unless I really see no use for an item --

my sales people for other brands -- even ask me to return items I don't use b/c they know I'm holding on to it b/c I feel bad for returning things. They even tell me not to worry about their comission and to just take it back to them -- that gives u an idea how little I return...on anything!

I'd tell them to stuff that letter where the sun doesn't shine. Then pay cash at the outlet and refuse to give your name, or buy from department stores. Coach-branded stores/outlets/boutiques aren't the ONLY places to acquire the product from. This thing with their letters and their over-inflated opinions of themselves is BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.