OMG I am soooo pissed!

polos26

Jessie
Feb 8, 2007
So before I found this forum I made the stupid mistake of purchasing from edesigneritalia.com

Long story short, they didn't give me my money back, I disputed with paypal and nothing, so I disputed with my credit card. This has been going on for 3 months now. So today I spoke to someone from Capital one and they want me to send them a statement from edesigner were they state they bags are real, so that they have prove that it was false advertisement and I am entitled to my money back.

Problem is the website ceased to exist a couple of months ago (FIGURES) so I basically have nothing to prove that this guys lied. to top things off the Capital one rep kept insinuating i am an idiot and informed me that I don't know how to shop because I didn't save a copy of the website's statement. WTF! THE NERVE!!!

Now it seems I will be out $300.

was anyone else stupid or am i the only one?

I'll ask my husband when he comes home, since he's more tech savy, but maybe someone else here will know what I'm talking about. There are websites that keep "copies" of other websites. For instance, if you wanted to see what was on amazon.com a year ago, you could find it.

I looked for their 'cached' web site, and nothing is there - they did a good job of leaving no tracks. You can do a search on Google and find a reference from another unhappy customer; a response to her posts the text from that site about how they sell (sold) "Class B bags" and "Aged Styles" but nothing about knock-offs or fakes, so even if you could find something still online that may not help you.

Can you not get something from the company who designs the REAL purse as to how this one is a fake?

I'd close your Capital One account, since they obviously are NOT behind their customers. Close it! They should have SOME kind of policy for fraudulent online sales! Any CC company who doesn't stand behind me can kiss my behind!

what kind of bag did you buy? What was the designer you thought you were getting? Unfortunately, most designers won't authenticate bags that weren't bought from them or from an authorized retailer, but I do think that there are some "experts" who are willing to give written verification whether or not a bag is fake.

I think My Poupette offers this service, and I think there is (at least used to be) someone who will authenticate Balenciaga. I know I've been contacted many times asking if I can provide written verification about Marc Jacobs, but I never have. I would be afraid of the legal ramifications if some one decided to fight it.

At this point I don't think that they want prove that the bag is fake, they want prove that they claimed the bags were real.

Titania, if you could find out from your husband that would be great...anything would help I am desperate.

I thought I was buying the Gucci horsebit hobo...I should've know that $400 and an extra discount was fishy...

I will close my account for sure, but for now I will keep fighting and hope that I get my money back...:cursing:

At this point I don't think that they want prove that the bag is fake, they want prove that they claimed the bags were real.

That's so weird. It shouldn't matter what they claimed. Selling fake (counterfeit) handbags is illegal no matter what they claimed and/or stated on their website. The cc company shouldn't care what claims they made about the bag. Their only concern should be that it's not authentic and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

That's gotta be really frustrating.

if you havent dumped your computer cache you could go into past visited web pages your history and locate it there,

Good luck!
So before I found this forum I made the stupid mistake of purchasing from edesigneritalia.com

Long story short, they didn't give me my money back, I disputed with paypal and nothing, so I disputed with my credit card. This has been going on for 3 months now. So today I spoke to someone from Capital one and they want me to send them a statement from edesigner were they state they bags are real, so that they have prove that it was false advertisement and I am entitled to my money back.

Problem is the website ceased to exist a couple of months ago (FIGURES) so I basically have nothing to prove that this guys lied. to top things off the Capital one rep kept insinuating i am an idiot and informed me that I don't know how to shop because I didn't save a copy of the website's statement. WTF! THE NERVE!!!

Now it seems I will be out $300.

was anyone else stupid or am i the only one?

Well, if you google edesigneritalia, the first result says "Authentic Designer Handbags, imported direct from Italy." I don't know if this is enough, but it is a start. Might want to take a screenshot of it and send it to your CC company, before that is removed, too. GL though!

thank you all very much for your help!

Well, if you google edesigneritalia, the first result says "Authentic Designer Handbags, imported direct from Italy." I don't know if this is enough, but it is a start. Might want to take a screenshot of it and send it to your CC company, before that is removed, too. GL though!

I did this yesterday, figured something was better than nothing. :crybaby:

You are not the only one. I too was duped by this company. The bag is so fake it is terrible. I don't know what to do and have it in my closet as a reminder of what goes on in the internet. Glad I found your post and others, just wish I would have done this sooner. If you know anything, let me know. I too don't have that disclamer. Who would have thought about it. I will from now on.

That's so weird. It shouldn't matter what they claimed. Selling fake (counterfeit) handbags is illegal no matter what they claimed and/or stated on their website. The cc company shouldn't care what claims they made about the bag. Their only concern should be that it's not authentic and you shouldn't have to pay for it.

That's gotta be really frustrating.

Credit card companies aren't in the business of policing counterfeits, though. So the only issue (to them) is whether the consumer was sent something other than what was represented. So it makes sense that they'd want to know if the bag was advertised as authentic.

Polos26, I'm sorry this happened to you :sad:

Last edited: