OMG...I AM Guilty as Charged!

Rodeo

O.G.
Nov 22, 2007
Recently I moaned and groaned about having one of my authentic items pulled….I had been accused of “copyright infringement”…..I was so angry! After contacting e-bay MANY times, I finally pieced together their cryptic and very un-specific warnings enough to realize that ....yes…upon review of my auction in question….they did have a reason to stop my auction…….I was GUILTY!!!!:wtf:

DUH….what I had done, in my zeal to provide my buyers with as much information as possible, I had provided in writing EXACTLY where I bought my item (read website link…yep, www and all)…and had (without thinking of the other guy) provided a very good reason to buy from me (save $) and not from them…..well…(duh again) of course this is not allowed….. :tdown:
Sorry, My BAD>>>>:faint:

OK eBay, I get it now…..I’ll try to play by the rules from now on….
(if I decide to take my chances and play again at all….):sweatdrop:

Trocadero

Jun 27, 2007
Thanks for sharing your experience. It's something that I could have done. Now I don't have to. :smile:

There are so many rules and regs that it's impossible to remember them all. Stories like this are the best "teachers".

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
I got mad when I had an LV item pulled. I had a detailed listing and included where I bought it.

I thought ebay yanked it thinking it was fake. But after I settled down and re-read the letter, I discovered all I had to do was take out where I bought it. Apparently the seller was mad I used her name in the listing (not fashionphile, another seller from Germany).

von

:)
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
London
so easy to do without realising, i had one pulled becuase i said a jacket was '' like new'' thats a bit too far i think

ladyisobel

Sarah
O.G.
Mar 22, 2006
Devon UK
yes i have heard that in the uk like new and as new apparently cant be used, crazy stuff alfie x
thats right, its because people searching for genuinely NEW stuff will pull up all the "as new" and "like new" stuff too, which , of course is not NEW

shoulderache

May 24, 2007
Arizona
I think I'm super lucky I haven't had stuff get pulled for that because sometimes I will say it is from net-a-porter (because it is). Thanks for sharing!!