OMG! Have i been carrying fake for the past 4 years!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA!! :yes: especially from the front line where THEY are taking IN RETURNS that could be the super fakes.

I Agree, This makes me so worried to get something that has been returned... If the SA can't tell it is fake, when it was new, someone could buy the real one and take back the fake one!!! I am going to start asking for all my bags with the plastic on the handels... That way I know it is new!!! I always ask if it was returned, but they always say no, they probably don't know and if they do, they lie!!! This is very scary and I feel soooo bad for you, you carried a fake bag around... and no one knew, so sorry! Don't get to down on yourself!

I will never purchase anything from ebay now, I never have and now I never will!!! I am just so worried about buying a fake from the botique now... if the SA doesn't know, she would have taken it back when it was brand new... I hope this doesn't become and issue!!! I always thought those 'supper fakes' were some made up story, but I guess not!!!:crybaby:
I am worried now... I am so sorry to hear about this!! I hope you don't feel too bad!! We are all here for you!:yes:

I'm so sorry to hear of your horrible experience, Classic Chic!
It's terrible to have your trust misplaced in those authenticators who helped to check your bag 4 yrs ago!

I don't suppose there's any way you could get your money back from the seller? :sad:
But yes, definitely get your repairs money back from LV!

I noticed on the pic of the authentic one there are three stitches along the base of the handle and on yours there is four. I don't know if that means its fake but it's one of the only differences I see.

I also wouldn't count the stitches on an eLux pic, it is known that eLux has prototype pics that are finalyy different from the real product, also to fool potential fakers that just look at the pic.

The leather also looks off to me, but it could be the pics, if your dc is ready, try to make closeups of the handles (with makro setting). usually the leather makes the difference

I have an example of a leather closeup. look at the pores and the stitching. I think (hope) that superfakes don't reach this stage yet...

Attachments

• leather closeup.JPG
    leather closeup.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 294
I Agree, This makes me so worried to get something that has been returned... If the SA can't tell it is fake, when it was new, someone could buy the real one and take back the fake one!!! I am going to start asking for all my bags with the plastic on the handels... That way I know it is new!!! I always ask if it was returned, but they always say no, they probably don't know and if they do, they lie!!! This is very scary and I feel soooo bad for you, you carried a fake bag around... and no one knew, so sorry! Don't get to down on yourself!

I will never purchase anything from ebay now, I never have and now I never will!!! I am just so worried about buying a fake from the botique now... if the SA doesn't know, she would have taken it back when it was brand new... I hope this doesn't become and issue!!! I always thought those 'supper fakes' were some made up story, but I guess not!!!:crybaby:
I am worried now... I am so sorry to hear about this!! I hope you don't feel too bad!! We are all here for you!:yes:
I would not buy from ebay cause I may end up with a fake and not know it.

i feel for you...i carried around a manhattan for awhile which i was sure was real....everything was correct, it was even getting a patina, but it was the back of the buckles that gave it away. it's a crappy feeling.

go back to the store and get your money back, or at least a credit. had they caught that it was fake before repairs (as is their job...) you would never have sent it off.

Perhaps the worker that was replacing the lining discovered that the glue was off or something. There are things we can't even see on our purses that could give away a fake when taken apart.

Dear, get ur money back. They have done nothing on the bag. I've been a good customer. In the first place, they can only accept repair payment after the item is fixed. They not suppose to demand any pre-payment as far I know.

Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! I am sofa king mad and speechless!!!! This happened last week but i am finally getting OK to share it w/my supportive tPFers:crybaby: After sending out my sonatine for lining replacement (paid 160) 2 months ago, finally received a call to pick it up from store, I was all happy to reunite w/my lovely Sonatine, but discovered the lining wasn't changed, so i ask one of the SA what's going on since my SA wasn't working that day. The SA replied: Oh K___, didn't tell you over the phone? The shop didn't change the lining b/c it's not authentic.
....:wtf: WHAT THE f_____ are you talking about it's NOT authentic:censor: ? Sure it's my first LV from Ebay, but the seller was reputable, MPRS authenticated, AND YOU (the same SA break the shocking news to me) personally confirmed the authenticity when i brought in the store back then:noggin: , not to mention the detailed checking K___ did when she fill out the paper work:boxing:!!!!! Just as I was about to thank GOD at least there's no one else in the store, my BF's mom and sis stepped in the store *faints*....needless to say, I left the sotre asap after exchange a brief conversation w/them....was too shocked and embrassed to ask SA more detail questions....:crybaby:

But how could this be? Both MPRS and LV SA confirmed the authenticity, Sonatine came w/LV boutique receipt (yet to locate), dust bag, box, got the correct heat stamp, date code placement, patina over time....one SA even sold a Sonatine to a girl in store by showing her how pretty it look after patina w/mine sonatine.....

Arrrrrrrggggghhhh!!! So what the heck am I suppose to do now? The lining is in even worse shape then it was before i send in the shop-it had bubbles in some palces, but now the there's more bubbles, and wrinkled edges...... What about the $ I paid to change the lining? Should I get another one? Should I get a second opinion? I don't even have the courage to step in store anymore b/c it's just too embrassing for me to face SAs who knew I carried *gasp* F A K E, even one of them confirmed the authenticity for me!

I am trying to dig out the receipt that came w/sonatine, Paypal receipts for the seller and MPRS authentication service, but it's been 4 years, i doubt it will do me any good even if i were to locate them all.

I am sorry this happened to you. I am afraid that more people, including members of this forum, have purchased "fakes" from Ebay, and they do not know it. These super fakes are scary, and no matter how many pictures are analyzed, people just do not know the authenticity of the bag until it is seen in real life.

I agree ask for your money back. They shouldn't have asked for any money pre-repair anyway. Every repair I've done, I've not had to pay anything at all toward the repair until after it was done.

Status
Not open for further replies.