OMG - guess what the Chanel SA said to me! ...

lolakitten

O.G.
Mar 11, 2007
Chanel cosmetics that is...
I was carrying my 226 w/ the antiqued silver hardware & I went to Chanel counter to get some nail polish & the SA (who serves me often - so she recognises me) sees my bag & says:
your bag really looks like Chanel!
me:sad:slightly irritated) it *is* Chanel

so she touches it *cringe* & asks when I got it & I tell her..
& her responce..

wow after less than one month you damaged it alot!!!!!!!

OMG I was furious. She was referrring to the antiqued h/w. Jeeze!!! My bag is (thwy all are!!) in pristine condition!!! I baby them..
I can't believe someone insulted my beloved :sad: :sad: :sad:

I find it interesting how people who have no idea what they are talking about, seem to feel the need to comment on something they know nothing about! She really in the end, only made herself look stupid. Don't worry about it dear, she just didn't have a clue.

I find it interesting how people who have no idea what they are talking about, seem to feel the need to comment on something they know nothing about! She really in the end, only made herself look stupid. Don't worry about it dear, she just didn't have a clue.

Thanks... she should have a bit of a clue though... she works for Chanel! Even if it is just cosmetics - doesn't she flip through a magasine of catalog once in a while, sheesh.
At the very least, every one knows a good sales person shouldn't comment negatively on a potential customer.

There's a Chanel cosmetics counter in the Bay store in our city, and honestly as nice and knowledgable about the product as the ladies are who work there, they wouldn't know a Chanel bag if they fell over it! It seems they work 'at' the Chanel counter, but work 'for' The Bay Co. They don't really seem to associate themselves as Chanel employees if you kwim. At least here anyway. Perhaps it's because we're a little more than an hour's drive from the closest boutique, so they really don't have much exposure to the rest of the lines.

Oh my goodness, sometimes I don't understand why people feel a need to make comments on things that they don't know enough. It's good that you corrected her and let her know her "smart" comments aren't that funny or smart. :noggin:
It's okay, you have us to understand the beauty of your 226 with antique hw! :hugs:

Wow.... I'm surprised that she even said anything. I understand that people have their own opinions, but sometimes there are some that should be kept to themselves because it can be offensive. Tactless is correct... she should be careful on what she says and how it comes out. I'm glad that you corrected her... my question is, did she seem apologetic or embarrassed after you put her straight?