OMG - guess what the Chanel SA said to me! ...

pls5

O.G.
Nov 28, 2008
From what I understand Chanel cosmetics is verrrrry separate. Like not really even Chanel, not even close. But then again most of them wouldn't say anything at all about your bag. So still weird.

Thanks... she should have a bit of a clue though... she works for Chanel! Even if it is just cosmetics - doesn't she flip through a magasine of catalog once in a while, sheesh.
At the very least, every one knows a good sales person shouldn't comment negatively on a potential customer.

PANda_USC

O.G.
Aug 5, 2009
OP, oy..just because she works at the Chanel make-up counter doesn't mean she knows a thing about Chanel bags. I think she could have approached the subject better..but honestly, if any random person who knows nothing about reissues(perhaps she only knew about the interlocking C's) sees antique hardware, they'll probably assume it's because the bag has had a lot of "love".

hey, you have a beautiful bag, and as long as you and other bag lovers recognize that's just how the bag is supposed to be, then her comments should just shed right off of ya!(well minus the initial shock from her comments)

nighteyes

♥
O.G.
Apr 15, 2008
Wow... That is so rude and tactless. Even supposing that your bag was damaged, there is no way an SA should have said the things she said. PANda_USC is right, you have a beautiful bag. Just ignore the rude and ignorant comments. :yes:

Aug 21, 2008
She's plain rude ! The rule of thumb is if u have nothing nice to say, then better not say it .

Anyway she knows nothing about Chanel bags , selling cosmetics doesnt mean she's a know-it-all about chanel bags either . Your bag 's gorgy AND MADE THE WAY IT IS Don't feel bad about it .

Kaypa

O.G.
Aug 20, 2009
She's plain rude ! The rule of thumb is if u have nothing nice to say, then better not say it .

Anyway she knows nothing about Chanel bags , selling cosmetics doesnt mean she's a know-it-all about chanel bags either . Your bag 's gorgy AND MADE THE WAY IT IS Don't feel bad about it .

ITA! She clearly doesn't know what she's talking about! I hope you don't feel too bad about it!

sbelle

O.G.
Mar 14, 2009
At the very least, every one knows a good sales person shouldn't comment negatively on a potential customer.

When someone does says something like that I often wonder just how they thought that their comment would be received. Did she think that you would feel anything other than mad/insulted? The only thing I can think of is some people don't have a filter on what they say, and they just say whatever comes into their head.