Omg Guess What!?!?!?!?! Gustto Baca

But I think the reason that is was half price was because of that weird wrinkled look. That is what my question is about mine. It has that burned wrinkled look and I am not sure how I feel about it. The whole thing about the baca is the softness of the leather and it totally takes away from that with the wrinkles...thoughts?...

amy, is you are still unhappy with the bag you should either return it (if you can) or sell it on Ebay. If you always look at the bag with distain because of it's wrinkly appearance, you will never wish to carry it, even if that is how it is suppose to look.

something just hit me all of a sudden.. whatever happened to the pictures of the seafoam green gustto?
I remember she was asking for help to attach pictures... but then I didn't hear what happened afterwards...

anyone know?

I really wanted to see it.....

amy, is you are still unhappy with the bag you should either return it (if you can) or sell it on Ebay. If you always look at the bag with distain because of it's wrinkly appearance, you will never wish to carry it, even if that is how it is suppose to look.

You are probably right, but maybe I am just looking for opinions cause I am not sure. I just don't want to feel like it is a defective bag or an irregular or something. You guys seem like Gustto experts so I just wanted to hear some thoughts. Are there a lot of those overly wrinkled ones out there?...

Here's mine if it helps. It's black and a bit harder to see the detail. It's 'distressed' and I personally adore that look, I'd probably love yours too.

Attachments

• Gustto4.jpg
    Gustto4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Gustto1.jpg
    Gustto1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 61
#1 where are the seafoam pics!!! :sad: I want to see so bad

and 2nd if you want to know how to put in pics i can tell you quickly,,,and you can show us what your baca looks like,,,, since you are worried it could be defective?!? just PM in 2 minutes ill explain how to post the pics :smile:

well i def can say mine doesnt look that crinkly,,,i havent really seen one that crinkly before but i wouldnt go as far as to say its damaged its just the leather, or maybe how it was stored,... have you tried like packing it/stuffing it with paper or something like SO full you can barely zip it and leaving it like that for a bit...then seeing if the leather has smoothed out/??

id love to hear others input!

I have not tried that yet, but good idea--I will. It does seem though, that it is more like a process that was done to the leather if that makes sense. Assuming that it stays that way, is it weird or okay? UGH!!!! Cannot decide! Thanks again for any imput.

sonofthesea was suppose to email me the seafoam baca pics and I was to post them here. She has not emailed them to me yet, said something had come up at work.

*shrugs*

And I called Gustto myself asking about the color seafoam. It is out of production and was only sold to Bloomingdales and a place called Trio in Newport Coast, CA.

I thought maybe the bag was more wrinkled because the color is distressed Vintage brown. I thought maybe the Vintage brown was made morw wrinkled but her auction says expresso. I'd send it back. She now has a Grsyon up for 500 BIN but all her other stuff is 2.00 range.

okay, here is the link to the exact baca that I just got on ebay, but you have to scroll to the bottom to see it after you hit the link. Also, it looks even more "crinkled" in real life. Does it look weird? Thanks for your imput!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gorgeous-GUSTTO...7QQihZ001QQcategoryZ63852QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think that's just the characteristic of that particular leather. I think it's absolutely stunning, really a beauty and a major coup! I adore that type of leather. I know from my experience with equestrian leathers that no two pieces are exactly alike, each product has individual characteristics that make it unique due to the individuality of the skins and the leather process.

Personally, I think you really have a beauty there, but if you don't care for it, well I guess you'll have to do what you have to do. But my opinion of that bag? :drool: And the price! OMG! Fabulous!!!

In regard to what Lexie said, I thought about sending it back but then I was afraid that I would regret it cause I do really love the color. And in response to Grace, the price was amazing, but that also made me wonder a little. It is beautiful, but it is definatley a "look". Not subtle in any way. It's very obvious---but I think I can learn to love it. If not, If someone wants it..... ;)
Thanks for your thoughts...