OMG- flaking hw on NEW epi koala wallet!!!

1. I just can't believe this! I found that the silver hw on my black epi koala wallet is FLAKING. I bought this wallet one month ago, and I am very careful w/ my things, so this is really unexpected.. :crybaby:

It appears that the palladium hw is just a thin silver foil over brass, se pics. The foil is now flaking and I have an ugly, golden scar on the kisslock of my wallet. Has this happened to anyone else? I will call my local LV store today, but since I bought this wallet in Paris, I'm not sure I can return it here. Maybe I have to send it back to France, does anyone know how LV normally handles returns of defective items?

IMG_0133.JPG IMG_0135.JPG IMG_0136.JPG
  2. Oh no....you should call your local LV as soon as you can to get this resolved....:confused1:

They have a 2 wk exchange policy...after that..usually I hear that you go directly to have them take a look. They should repair it for you..although it might take a while...I hear 2-4 weeks. Do you have the receipt? I believe thats all they would need.....

3. Just spoke to my SA, and she was very professional & nice about it. It doesn't matter if the item is bought elsewhere, you can bring it to any LV-store, it appears. And she couldn't promise anything without having seen the wallet, but said that they would probably give me another, since it is almost new. So, I will bring it to the store next week and hopefully get a replacement wallet. But I'm not sure I would want another koala, since I'm afraid the same thing will happen again. Maybe I'll just go with another style, without kisslock.

4. :wtf: This is not good. Yeah, maybe get something else...I'm sure they'll let you:yes: Good luck and let us now how you go.:flowers:

5. good luck vicky- im sorry that this happened. maybe its just a defect wallet. hopefully they dont all do tht

6. Definitely bring it back to the store, when I saw the pic I was shocked :wtf: , I didn't realise the flaking was that bad :sad:

7. I can't believe that!! It's coated with palladium then? I thought it was solid all the way through!! You should tell them when you go that you expect to get a new one, that you are appalled that this would happen! Good luck!

8. OMG that is awful! Glad to hear it sounds like they will just give you a new one, but still.

9. OMG..I am sorry this happened to you. Please keep us update..

10. I'm sure everything will be ok!

11. I hope you get a new one or another item soon.

12. I hope you get a new wallet...please keep us all updated!!

13. Yikes! I thought it was solid palladium, too. I guess it would be kinda pricey to make it solid, though. I'm sure they will give you a new wallet, but I understand your hesitation about getting another Koala after what happened to yours. Maybe you can get a French Purse or Zippy instead?

14. That is terrible! I hope that you can get this resolved asap! Good luck.

15. I have the same wallet and I dont have this problem. Now I will be more cautious and see if this happens to me. Good luck with your wallet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice