OMG! Ashley is sticky!

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
I'm having this problem with my patent Lindsey. Haven't found anything to combat it though. But I store my Lindsey the same way and place as my other patent bags and they have no issues! I'm starting to think its a problem with the newer coach bags. They're just not what they used to be.

Mar 5, 2009
cozyc said:
I 100% agree. Seems like problem after problem after problem.. So sorry you both are having this issue :sad:

It is so frustrating. Coach told me to try a gentle dish soap like Dove and luke warm water. It did nothing. I have a patent leather Poppy Swingpack stored the same way and that one is fine. My only other option is to send it in to Coach's repair department but I doubt they will do much. I'm really upset over this because of how beautiful and functional the Patent Ashley is to me. :sad:

cozyc

Jan 14, 2012
Spoiledlttleldy said:
It is so frustrating. Coach told me to try a gentle dish soap like Dove and luke warm water. It did nothing. I have a patent leather Poppy Swingpack stored the same way and that one is fine. My only other option is to send it in to Coach's repair department but I doubt they will do much. I'm really upset over this because of how beautiful and functional the Patent Ashley is to me. :sad:

Can you take it in to a SA and show them? Maybe they will exchange it or give you credit toward something else :smile: I think I would take my swingpack too so I could show them the difference. I had a nylon chevron Sophia and the handles felt sticky. I washed them with soap several times and it still felt sticky so I took it back. I didn't take the tags off so I did t have to explain anything but I would have if I had to.

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
I think I'm taking mine in this weekend. I'm just not sure what they're going to say. I got it in December and I don't think I have the receipt. My fiance bought it as a bday gift. I was with him and picked it out so I'm ok with exchanging and hes fine with it. But the length of time and mild issue makes me think I wont be able to do anything. Should I even bother taking it in?

RxPrincess

Dec 7, 2011
After reading this post I am wondering if I should keep a patent Lindsay I bought a few months ago on sale but still new with tags because I think the color would work better in the winter. I have not bought a patent bag in years before this purchase because I love the soft regular leather. I do live in a humid climate too.

mang0

Jun 24, 2012
I think I'm taking mine in this weekend. I'm just not sure what they're going to say. I got it in December and I don't think I have the receipt. My fiance bought it as a bday gift. I was with him and picked it out so I'm ok with exchanging and hes fine with it. But the length of time and mild issue makes me think I wont be able to do anything. Should I even bother taking it in?

You should definitely take it in! The worst thing they can say is that they can't do anything about it. You may be able to get it exchanged, although I suppose it could always happen again on another patent bag. I think you should at least try though.

ophousewife

May 23, 2012
You should definitely take it in! The worst thing they can say is that they can't do anything about it. You may be able to get it exchanged, although I suppose it could always happen again on another patent bag. I think you should at least try though.

I called them today. It doesn't sound like I'm going to have a problem. But I definitely think I wont get another patent bag. I just hope I can do an even trade considering patent is often more expensive. I know I still want a Lindsey. Or maybe I should go for a Sophia? Lol. Indecisive me!