Omfg. Wtf Happened To My Tory Burch Flats?!

pureglamourr

Apr 16, 2008
bought my patent leather tory burch flats on ebay from a reputable seller.
I saved a good $50 off them.
I CHECKED THEM WHEN I GOT THEM - AND THEY WERE PERFECT!!!

wore them once, and there's a huge slit like cut on the left shoe.
has this happened to anyone else?
is it possible that this is because they are patent leather?!?!
or maybe i bumped into something sharp?

I'm SOOOO upset!:crybaby:
WHAT DO I DOOOO ?!?!?

HERE'S PICTURES OF THE DAMAGE!

z142194046.jpg

z142194048.jpg

did you inspect them really well when you got them? maybe it was there and just wearing them opened it up? so sorry this is happening to them. how long ago did you get them?

Wow I'm so sorry. This hasn't happened to any of my patent leather shoes so I don't necessarily think it's the material. Did your ankle twist and rub up against hard pavement when you were wearing them maybe?

I'm getting a feeling it might have been there when you got them. It might have been hard to notice because it's patent and since you wore them once, it may have stretched out the damaged part.

It reminds me of the slits when people open a large box of items and the top item always has this exacto knife slit. (Hope that made sense!)

Maybe contact the seller and see what s/he says?
I'm sorry this happened to you! :sad:

I had a similar thing happen to me but it wasn't horizontal it went down vertical and it was were I had slipped down a sharp curb edge

There is no way that can be repaired

This just terrible! So sorry that this happened to you.

The second time I wore my patent Revas, I detected a tiny white hole in the pink leather near the heel. I was livid. But not livid enough to take them back to Nordstrom. After I cooled off, I decided that I was 99% sure that I had done the damage myself. And that I was going to have to be very, very careful with them going forward. They are rather delicate, and I wish someone had told me that before I decided to pay full price for them.

All that being said...I think it's very possible you received yours damaged. If you had caused the damage, I'm thinking you would have noticed at the time you did it.

I wish I had advice to offer you. Again - sorry this happened to you.