Omelette, anyone?

catsinthebag

adopt a shelter pet!
O.G.
Sep 7, 2010
Some of you will remember this photo from the first page of the Fall 2014 Scarves thread. I was intrigued, so I saved it to my phone, and a couple of weeks ago, I showed my SA the photo and asked her about it. She didn't know anything at the time, but called me today to say the bag has just showed up in the Fall RTW look book. It's called the Omelette (I have no idea why, maybe the bag looks like an omelette when lying on its side?), is made of a combination of swift and Clemence, and will retail for $5,700. It will come only in black. Thought you would all want to know!

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405046974.245107.jpg

Interesting! I like leather combo bags. I think you are right, it's because of the thin flat shape which is basically what "omelette" means. It does look a bit like a Massai though :graucho:

Interesting! I like leather combo bags. I think you are right, it's because of the thin flat shape which is basically what "omelette" means. It does look a bit like a Massai though :graucho:

LOL, QF! I actually thought it looks a bit like a less-structured Trim. Not sure the shape will work for me, but I agree, I like leather combo bags too!

i hope they come out with more colors. that bag looks like the perfect slouchy bag with an adjustable strap to boot. i hope your SA can provide more pictures.

fingers crossed!

thanks for the info!

catsinthebag, thanks for the info! I was curious when I first saw it in the fall 2014 thread. I'm with baileylab that I hope they make it in other colors as well. Would love to know how it closes on top. I was bummed when they discontinued the trim.

catsinthebag, thanks for the info! I was curious when I first saw it in the fall 2014 thread. I'm with baileylab that I hope they make it in other colors as well. Would love to know how it closes on top. I was bummed when they discontinued the trim.

I think the Trim is available, but only in a 35 in the non-gusseted style (which is no help for me, who would want one in a 31 with the gusset!).

For now, this style is black only. Maybe if it sells well they'll do other colors? Who knows with H!

I think the Trim is available, but only in a 35 in the non-gusseted style (which is no help for me, who would want one in a 31 with the gusset!).

For now, this style is black only. Maybe if it sells well they'll do other colors? Who knows with H!

I didn't know they still make the trim but I'm with you on the size and gusset.

Let's hope they sell lots of the black then. :biggrin:

Looks interesting and practical. Do you know if it comes in any other colours and sizes?
I would love to see some different angles too...wonder when it will be showcased?

Some of you will remember this photo from the first page of the Fall 2014 Scarves thread. I was intrigued, so I saved it to my phone, and a couple of weeks ago, I showed my SA the photo and asked her about it. She didn't know anything at the time, but called me today to say the bag has just showed up in the Fall RTW look book. It's called the Omelette (I have no idea why, maybe the bag looks like an omelette when lying on its side?), is made of a combination of swift and Clemence, and will retail for $5,700. It will come only in black. Thought you would all want to know!

View attachment 2682810

The bag is really cool!! It looks like the perfect slouchy weekend bag. But I really want that outfit!!:P

it's a great under the radar bag, I know there's lot of people are actually looking for more new subtle/ less iconic style rather than always just B and K.

I like this a lot, interested to see more photos and in real life. I just got a black Massai GM but this looks different enough. There's a giant deerskin hobo from The Row that I was considering for winter, so hopefully I'll get compare the two.

Love it! Thanks for starting this thread Catinthebag.

A new under the Radar Hermes. Perfect! The design team so get what their clients want.

Sounds lightweight, semi-structured and v cool.

Hope it's issued in other colours aswell.

Really love this bag based on the look of it. Slouchy, cool, under the radar, perfect for running errands and in black!!! What more could I want?!?

Okay maybe the name could have been better. "What bag are you carrying?" "I'm carrying an Omelette!"

Doesn't have the same ring as saying a "Lindy", "Kelly", "Constance" ...

On another note, the outfit pared with the bag is divine.

i hope they come out with more colors. that bag looks like the perfect slouchy bag with an adjustable strap to boot. i hope your SA can provide more pictures.

fingers crossed!

thanks for the info!

I'm also hoping they have more colors. Looks like a very relax bag. Can't wait to see/hear more details. :biggrin: