Omega Timepiece or Cartier Love Bracelet

Hi there :smile:

So our 5 year anniversary is coming up in a week and my husband told me that I have a choice on what anniversary present I want.

A little about myself - I actually work from home, and more of a homebody type but I do get out and about and what not. Another important tidbit is that I am also a triathlete, so I do a lot of swimming, biking, and running during the week...where on some bike rides, I could be out on my bike for as long as 5-6 hours at a time. My style is more classic, and I'm not the type to really wear a a whole lot of accessories - standard is just a pair of simple diamond studs or pearl earrings, a watch, a small initial necklace that I never take off, and an occasional david yurman bracelet.

That being said, I have always wanted both an Omega and a Love bracelet. I actually wanted a Love bracelet when it was at half the cost it is now - wish I had money then! I do love timepieces, and besides my few Michele watches, I do not have an Omega yet.

I love both for their real classic look. For the watch, this is the style I want, which I've had an opportunity to try and loved: https://www.omegawatches.com/watche...a-150m/master-co-axial-415-mm/23110422103003/. The price at the store is $5,600... I would consider getting this from another dealer, so I can negotiate on the price, other than the Omega store, just don't know where I could find one at this point.

As for the Love, I want it in a 18K yellow gold. I haven't had the opportunity to try it - I plan on going next weekend to see if I really like it just as much on my wrist.

If my hubby got either one tomorrow, and surprised me, I would be completely happy with his choice :smile: He did tell me that he was going to surprise me with the Love bracelet but since i mentioned the Omega, he ended up telling me what he wanted to get me since I've talked about it for so long (I obviously can't have both :roflmfao:) .

I am bit partial to the Omega right now since I've seen and felt how it is on my wrist.. and I guess the part that worries me about the Love bracelet is my active lifestyle of swim/bike/run. I get that it will patina and I'm completely ok with that. But how comfortable would it be?

Anyway, would really love your take on this, those who have either one, have considered it, or have both, or just any thought for that matter :smile: Thank you bunches!!

The love bracelet, it's understated, elegant, very comfortable to wear 24/7, it does bang against stuff but the scratches give it a nice patina. My bf got it for me so it also holds sentimental value. I just bought my Rolex this weekend and while it was an even bigger purchase, the love bracelet was even more special to me.

Definitely the Omega. I thought about getting a Love bracelet and tried one on. I didn't find them comfortable and was put off by the fact that it seems like everyone has one now. It's just not a special piece to me anymore. I ended up getting a diamond band instead of the Love bracelet and added a full diamond Trinity to my wish list (no one in my area wears the Trinity collection so it's more special to me than the more common Love bracelet). Also, if you don't have a nice timepiece, I would add that as a staple of your jewelry collection then add the fun stuff like Love bracelets later.

Thanks for the input everyone, keep them coming :smile:

I am leaning more and more towards the Omega now as it just seems like it suits my lifestyle better at this point in my life. With the Love, I may not be able to wear it much at all with all the outdoor activities I do... Unless someone can give me their experience of wearing it 24/7, with swimming and biking mixed in (Im sure running with it is not much of a problem).

I will still go and try it out this coming weekend just so I can put it to rest, and have a clear choice!

The watch seems like it would fit your lifestyle better. I am not a fan of the bracelet due to its popularity and somewhat permanence on the wrist.

Thanks for the reply! Any special reason why you picked this?

Not only is the Omega an absolutely gorgeous watch, but its very name alludes to your passions. Aqua (swimming) and Terra ( running and cycling).

I have tried on the black, blue and white dial versions and I can't quite decide which one I love most. I thought I wanted this one, but they are all so beautiful when you try them on. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1454365291.067041.jpg