Ombre Lizard: Kelly 25/28 or Pochette? PHW or GHW?

ilovecocohanel

Hermes Addict
O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
Hi Ladies,

I am looking into ordering a Ombre Lizard Kelly.

Need help:

1) 25/28 Sellier or Pochette?
2) PHW or GHW?

This will be a more formal/evening bag. I heard you have to really baby lizard skin bags?

I am just so in love with the Ombre, as it is so neutral. I love GHW, but I am still unsure.

Thanks!

Heatherlite

Aug 6, 2010
USA
PHW...and pochette for sure, IMHO. There are some beautiful pictures on the Forum. GHW would not complement the tone of the skins.

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
I would go for a 25 sellier kelly with PHW. Absolutley stunning! But you can't go wrong with either bag IMHO!:flowers:

Handybags

Make It Work
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
^ITA. I'm a pochette gal but either would be fabulous. PHW or even ruthenium but not gold.

Julide

Ahh Money Penny...
O.G.
Aug 23, 2007
^ITA. I'm a pochette gal but either would be fabulous. PHW or even ruthenium but not gold.
ITA!! I wish that you could put in a SO in; where when the crafts person sees the skin, then they could pick which hardware looks better. After seeing different pics of different ombre skins, some skins have a more whiter cast than others, which could look better with different hardware.:idea:Or if H could let us pick our own skins...:graucho:

Handybags

Make It Work
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
To clarify when I say either, I mean pochette or 25cm. 28 is too big for any but casual night events IMO.

ilovecocohanel

Hermes Addict
O.G.
Feb 18, 2008
I have 2x 35 kellys, and 1x Pochette Swift Vermillon GHW.

I dont have a 25 sellier kelly....

Handybags

Make It Work
O.G.
Nov 4, 2006
Pochette is slightly dressier but 25 is great for cocktails with the shoulder strap - hands free for drinks and canapés.

Do you reach for your vermillion often?

Tamarind

Sep 7, 2006
I recommend PH as well.
I love the Kelly 25 because it can be used day and night and I use mine for everything from shorts/running around to cocktail. I think in ombre lizard it will look more dressy.
Lizard is a great skin for the KP too.
Probably it's best to search for photos on the forum of both and take a look. I wouldn't do a 28 in this combination. I think it would be too busy looking.

thyme

Jun 17, 2011
i would suggest kelly 25 sellier phw since you don't own a 25 yet....ombre looks better with phw IMO and also
since you own a KP with ghw already which you can match with gold jewelry..

however if you are tall, then a 28 sellier for evenings is ok too IMO