Olympic Medalist Pasha Grisuk, Victim of Date Rape Drug

Jan 23, 2006
0422_pasha_grishuk_ex_ap.jpg
Orange County sheriffs are investigating an alleged drugging of Pasha Grishuk, the biggest ice dancer in the world. Cops now tell TMZ the drug is GHB, commonly called the "date rape" drug.

The two-time Olympic gold medal winner attended a business meeting at the swanky St. Regis in the OC on April 12. Grishuk ordered a glass of wine at the table, which she briefly left unattended. After taking a few more sips, Pasha noticed a half-dissolved pill at the bottom of her glass. By the time cops and paramedics arrived, Pasha was feeling numb and ill. They also found a second glass she had been drinking from in the lounge and it had residue from a pill as well.

Jim Amormino, a spokesperson for the OC Sheriffs Dept. says, "The incident is under investigation and we are waiting for toxicology reports to come back."

TMZ Staff

That's horrible! That's why, never leave your drinks unattended ladies! Don't even turn your back on it for a split second.

So glad she was paying attention and saw the pill in there before she fully passed out.

So how is this accomplished? Drink it before you go to the bathroom?
Ask for another because it tastes funny?

That is terrible that someone would do that.
There are horrible people in this world.

That's horrible! That's why, never leave your drinks unattended ladies! Don't even turn your back on it for a split second.

So glad she was paying attention and saw the pill in there before she fully passed out.

Wow, ease up.

I'm talking in general. I've just heard way too many stories about girls who unfortunately have bad things happen to them when people put things in their drink. In her case, perhaps it was unpreventable. In general, it's always good to be reminded not to trust anyone. A lot of rapes are committed by men that were friends/acquaintances with the victim beforehand.

This is what my mom always says to me :yes:
I never really so much take it in cos I don't drink..however reading this, it's just started to sink in how dangerous it is!
It can even happen to a famous person which perhaps surrounded by many bodyguards...let alone us mere mortals :sad:

I live in a college town and go to a party school, so this issue is VERY sensitive here and it's really very simple to just keep your drink with you or hand it to a friend before you go to the bathroom. If I wasn't with a friend, my drink would go to the bathroom with me, as it often does. You see girls with drinks in their hands in the bathrooms of bars and restaurants very, very often here. Or just drink it before you leave the table, which works for most alcohol since the drinks are usually small. This may seem odd to people who don't deal with the reality of this and prefer to think it happens to OTHER people, but in the environment I'm in, we're forced to treat it as a reality, and we all act accordingly with no problem. It really is very simple.