Olivia Palermo's Birkin -Real or Fake?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Oct 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    Whether or not Olivia Palermo's Birkin is authentic or fake seems to interest quite a few people so I thought I'd put in my two cents as to whether or not I feel her Birkins are fake. I feel compelled to speak out about Olivia because she ostensibly has a career in the fashion industry - being an accessories editor for Elle; has many designer friends; is gaining an increasing amount of fame attending fashion shows; and models for various designers. Fashion insiders would never advocate people wear knock offs so it would be very taboo for someone like Olivia Palermo to wear something like a fake Hermes Birkin.

Here she is with her black Birkin:
    [​IMG]

XXXXXXX - GENERALLY WE DON'T TALK ABOUT WHAT MAY OR MAY NOT MAKE SOMETHING AUTHENTIC.

From this, I seriously question the authenticity of her Hermes bag. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX[Any one see any other signs her bag(s) may or may not be real?

2. #2 Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    I've also been suspicious about her Birkins, especially the black one...
    Aren't they "supposed" to be a little more structured, too? Even with the clasps unlocked?

[​IMG]

Here's Victoria Beckham with hers (which I assume is authentic)..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX - WE GENERALLY DON'T DISCLOSE WHAT DOES OR DOES NOT MAKE SOMETHING AUTHENTIC.
    That was my investigation for today! :P

3. well, there was that Episode in The City where she had to go out and purchase a fake bag on Canal Street.... so who knows...

4. I saw that and the entire thing I was thinking that she looked like she knew what she was doing LOL.

I have no comment on her Birkins because I wouldn't know a real one from a fake one.

5. I think that's the only episode I've seen of The City. It cracked me up how she was acting all shifty and jumpy, like a drug deal was about to go down.

6. RIGHT! I mean she had an undercover brotha and everything. I thought she was about to get a nickle bag or something...

7. I'm not an expert, but I know that different leathers make bags more slouchy and less structured as well.

8. she has had that bag for years, so that would probably explain the slouching. Plus she actually puts things in the bag!

I believe the bag is real.

She mingles with important people in the fashion industry, it would be pretty ballsy to show up to events wearing fakes.

9. ^^ this

10. ^^I agree with this.

11. I also agree with Jahpson

12. To me it also seems weird to carry a fake when you probably can afford the real thing and you're photographed so often, but on the other hand... because people don't even question the authenticity of her bags, wouldn't it be easier to get away with carrying a fake?

I think they're fake, after taking a closer look at pictures of the real thing vs Olivia's...

13. I remember Paris Hilton saying she sometimes carries fakes because she loses her purses pretty much weekly and she'd hate to keep losing expensive purses. lol.

14. I doubt hers is fake, she's very snobby and shallow and I don't think she'd ever risk the embarrassment to herself by carrying a fake bag.

Plus apparently she has the money, so why not get the real thing?

15. I'm leaning towards fake, although we will probably never know. Thanks for the lovely pics of VB's though, never get sick of looking at her and her Birkins! :biggrin:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.